Can you open up a Dutch base deposit account with Rabobank in Dublin ?

whiz

Hi Guys,
I have a question, this may have been answered before but i can't see if it has. I was wondering can you open up a Dutch base deposit account with Rabobank in Dublin ? Any replies much appreciated.

nope, trip to rotherdam was the only way but think that rabo might not be allowing Irish people to do that anymore I saw in a post..

You can open an ABN-AMRO account by post, you need a notarised copy of your passport and an up to date utility bill.

hey chewchew, do you have link to where on ABN-AMRO website it discusses how you can set up the deposit account by post ? plus by any chance do you know if the Dutch governement will gaurantee any of the deposit ?

Anybody else want to answer please feel free to do so

hey chewchew, do you have link to where on ABN-AMRO website it discusses how you can set up the deposit account by post ? plus by any chance do you know if the Dutch governement will gaurantee any of the deposit ?

Anybody else want to answer please feel free to do so

I opened my account through a person working in their Schiphol Airport branch. I'm not sure if I should post their contact details on a public forum but if anyone wants them send me a PM. It's possible that you might be able to open it via their webpage too.

As far as I know they are covered by a deposit protection scheme up to €100k, but I will email them and ask them to confirm that.

Edit: Got an email back from them
------------------------------------

Dear Mr. .....,

Thank you for your email.
Your savings with the ABN AMRO Bank are covered by the Deposit Guarantee
Scheme. The Deposit Guarantee Scheme provides a cover up to 100.000 Euros
per person.

If you have got any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

[broken link removed]

Last edited:
Back