No Online Check In Option

MANTO

Hi All,

I am travelling to Orlando Sept 11th with British Airways (Operated by Aer Lingus).

Fly from Dublin to London
and then
London to Orlando

I have the option to Check In Online from London to Orlando but not from Dublin to London.

Does this seem correct - will the London to Orlando Check In cover the whole journey or do i need to check in at desk in Dublin Airport rather than online?

Thanks in advance.

Have you no bags to check in ? they will be checked through to orlando as far as i can remember, we did this 2 years ago. Ba is a lovely service, far superior to aer lingus now, if i can't get direct dublin - orlando going ba via gatwick is certainly a good option. The us immigration queue was grand the time we went, maybe 30 mins

Have you no bags to check in ? they will be checked through to orlando as far as i can remember, we did this 2 years ago. Ba is a lovely service, far superior to aer lingus now, if i can't get direct dublin - orlando going ba via gatwick is certainly a good option. The us immigration queue was grand the time we went, maybe 30 mins

Now that just shows how often i fly long haul...Check in at the desk with baggage in Dublin Airport..

I think I have flown too much Ryanair with only Hand Luggage ;)

Thanks for the note on BA - looking forward to service with a smile for a change :)

You should be able to check in for Dublin-London via the Aer Lingus website. I did this last year when flying Dub-London-NY (with AL and BA). When you drop your bags at the AL desk in Dublin, they will check the luggage through to Orlando for you.

Simplest thing to do is to go to the self-service kiosk in Dublin and it will print your boarding cards for both fights and when you drop off the bags, these will be checked the whole way through to Orlando.

Two things to keep in mind.
You will not be able to select your seats for the BA flight in Dublin; you can choose your seats at any time on the BA website up to the day before flight without checking in.

Check the luggage tag to ensure that the bag is checked the whole way through. A few years ago I flew to Vietnam, Dublin-Heathrow-Singapore-Saigon; I checked the whole way through at Aer Lingus desk in Dublin and just happened to take a look at the luggage tag before it disappeared down the conveyor and it was only tagged as far as Singapore; it was only when I pointed this out, it was rectified; imagine the fun I would have had trying to find my bag in Saigon when it was left on the carousel in Singapore. Ever since, I make a point of always checking the tag at the desk especially when on connecting flights

Back