Loretto Abbey Rathfarnham

liaconn

Does anyone know anything about this complex? I went for a walk around there with a friend yesterday and while we were both impressed by the lake and the gardens, we were put off by the balconies full of rubbish, washing hanging out etc. I live in an apartment block and that just wouldn't be allowed. My friend actually said it looked like an old fashioned tenament.
Am hoping to move to Rathfarnham in the next year or two and am trying to get a handle on the various areas I could possibly afford. Loretta Abbey is reasonably priced and seems to have a lot going for it but just got the feeling it's gone a bit down hill. Would appreciate any information.

Surprised to hear that as they are new-ish apartments if I understand correctly. Were they sold off by the religious order I wonder and thus perhaps there is a highish element of social housing including in the development?

I know that the Abbey itself is going to be turned into a Gael Ard Scoil over the next few years.

Also surprised to hear such comments! I was there recently (took my son for a walk on the grounds) and I noted two men working in the gardens, clipping hedges and tidying. The area seemed quiet and well-maintained, not dissimilar to the apartment buildings at Bushy Park.

Maybe try visiting again, and it might be worthwhile seeing if you can find information from the complex management company - it might provided additional insight into the profile of the complex?

Back