Motor insurance 123.ie is there a catch?

Had strange incident with 123 today. I'm moving into house with someone, who currently lives on same street as me. So we are moving from same street, to the same house, in the same Dublin postcode.

When we both rang up to change address, we were both quoted E20 admin fee for it, which is annoying. However, I got a E208 refund on a E417 policy, whereas the other person was charged an extra E40 on a E340 policy! How can my policy go down and the other one go up, for the same house?!!

I'm delighted as it basically reduces my insurance to E209 net, which is unreal, as its a 2.6L petrol car. Needless to say I got her to process the refund on the spot and ran with the cash :D

Had strange incident with 123 today. I'm moving into house with someone, who currently lives on same street as me. So we are moving from same street, to the same house, in the same Dublin postcode.

When we both rang up to change address, we were both quoted E20 admin fee for it, which is annoying. However, I got a E208 refund on a E417 policy, whereas the other person was charged an extra E40 on a E340 policy! How can my policy go down and the other one go up, for the same house?!!

I'm delighted as it basically reduces my insurance to E209 net, which is unreal, as its a 2.6L petrol car. Needless to say I got her to process the refund on the spot and ran with the cash :D

The 40 increase would be their catch all admin charge for any changes.

123 are really cheap for certain niche people/vehicles. For others such as me they are crazy dear and would never be in the running for my business.

I saved about €150 changing my car to 123, be carful with the house insurance, study the small print, there are so many exclusion clauses it's a wonder they pay out anything

my daughter's insurance came down from >1k to just over 500 for a 2.2l diesel saloon by switching to 123. I cannot understand the reduction but well worth her while. Parental caveats supplied of course.

No, no I don't think I was clear enough......we were both already with 123, so this was not a reduction vs Axa etc! It is simply moving to same address with same insurance company resulting in plus E40 for them and minus E200 for me!

@username123, apologies. Sunday morning, etc, I've lost the ability to read, type or perform any activity that requires brain function.

Odd indeed and I cannot even begin to explain the actions of the RSA in-house broker. As you'll see from some other posts I've had a very unsatisfactory business relationship with them which I terminated years ago. Keep your eyes peeled and watch out next year in case, well just in case - they are 123.ie after all and there's always the second shoe to drop.

Back