Credit union legal services

casper

Picked up a leaflet in the credit union yesterday about Home Buy Home Sell. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? They are based on a fixed rate and work out a lot cheaper. I know it's always based on the quality or recommendation but just enquiring anyway.

Re: Credit union leagal services

I used homebuy home sell 2 yrs ago when I moved house. They refer you to a solicitor in your local (selling) area who charge a fixed price (plus outlay plus vat) for the transaction.
Quality of service will depend on the individual solicitor/company you're referred to.
I had no complaints about my transaction, I dealt with a legal clerk for much of the process (including final signing of contracts) and I wasn't told about the Management Company which operates in my estate...I found out one existed when the first bill arrived!
In their favour, I had a problem with a boundary wall which took 3 months to resolve and the solicitors kept in touch with the vendor and myself during that time.
If it's a straightforward buy & sell, it would seem like a good option, if there are going to be complications...well, you get what you pay for!

Search out the many existing threads on conveyancing charges including flat rate offers such as from HBHS. Bear in mind that the price quoted will normally cover just the professional fee and will exclude outlays and VAT which would come to the same amount again in many cases.

Back