Costs involved in renting our property

Advicepls

Hi there,

Can someone tell me (or perhaps point me in the right direction of posts where this is already covered) the different expenses and payments that I will incur becoming a landlord. This may be a reality for me in the next year. My current mortgage is 1100 and the property will rent for that much (that is what others in the estate pay, and my house is much nicer :p). So I am wondering what it is likely to cost me per month/annum. In my personal budget I am setting aside 1k per month to cover all costs associated with this, but am hoping it will come in at less than this. I have no idea though. Is there a professional body that can give me assistance re form filling and agencies to sign up for?

for starters:

€80 PRTB fee per tenancy and every fours years thereafter
€? agents letting fees - if you avail of their services to find a tenant approximately months rent
Landlord Insurance
€200 NPPR
€100 household charge
Accountants fees

Ongoing maintenance, especially regular replacement of white goods (washing machine, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, microwave oven), heating boiler maintenance, painting/decorating. If you are letting the house furnished, then there may be ongoing replacement of heavily used furniture (beds, settees, chairs etc.). Garden maintenance if applicable.

BER certificate.

And don't expect to get your house back in the same condition as you rented it - especially at the lower/cheaper end of the market.

Back