How long should I get from a set of Wiper Blades

bazermc

Hello all

I have a 2006 VW Passat, I bought a set of wiper blades from Halfords last March (2013). However I am finding that they already need replacement. I do a normal amount of mileage each year.

Should they last more than 14/15 months before needing replacement? I presume the wet winter we had wont have helped

Cheers

Minimum of six months to a year or more. Depends on the brand, what type of blade etc. Wiper blades for Passats are less than a tenner each in the local motorfactors but Halfords probably twice that. Get a good set of Bosch Aero Twins and they'll last well over a year.

Not sure how long they should last, depends on use. Halfords are very expensive and charge to fit. Last one I got was in local motor factors less than half the price and offered to fit for free. Got a Bosch blade on sale for under €10,

Not sure how long they should last, depends on use. Halfords are very expensive and charge to fit. Last one I got was in local motor factors less than half the price and offered to fit for free. Got a Bosch blade on sale for under €10,

Fitting is easy; the old ones should just slide out and they new ones just click into place

I have had the same wiper blades for the past four years... Guess I'm due new ones!

Back