What is required when working your notice

kwhouse

Hi,
Was made redundant last Friday and informed I will be required to work my notice period. My job is going off shore. I will of course carry out my normal day to day duties however if my (former) employer requests me to do hand over to whom ever is going to do my job do I have to do this? I know as a sign of goodwill it would be recommended to do it but just so I am aware do I actually have to do handover apart from a goodwill gesture.

thank you
kelly

Is it happening during your work hours? If so then whats the problem?

The problem being (and I am excluding the package on offer in this) is the conduct of the company during the lead up to the period of notice been given.
If my position is being made redundant after 3 years with the company , but in reality going off shore, then technically my job doesnt exist so why hand over. This added to the (what I consider) extremely bad conduct of the company creates a problem for me regarding handover. Of course I am speaking from my view point regarding the companys conduct.
We (there are a number of us being let go) do not have union representation so are pretty much having to find out ,rather blindly, where we stand.
There is no problem doing my day to day duties however I do not wish to have to handover if it is not a legal requirement hense my original post. There is nothing in my contract regarding it either .

Kelly

Back