Key Post Laya allows you to cut the premium by designing your own policy!

This sounds almost too good to be true but I cant find a catch. Im on VHI one plan 250 and there doesn't seem to be a huge saving based on that however. For semi private cover in a private hospital with low excess its coming in at €797. I think mine was €775 just before christmas.
It looks as if the real savings here kick in with higher levels of cover.

I saved a hell of a lot. Even Brendan was impressed Anyone renewing with Laya should strongly consider this option.

On the Laya "create your scheme" tool I clicked max cover for both hospital cover and everyday care and took the min excess and the policy would be about €650 less than my current policy (which is fairly comprehensive but doesn't cover high-techs). That can't be right - highest cover for €1,159??

Methinks Laya's actuaries need to review this tool!!

@ dereko1969.... If you reduce the excess, the premium actually increases. The more of an excess your willing to pay decreases the price.

Even Brendan was impressed

? . I am very impressionable.

Anyone renewing with Laya should strongly consider this option.

I would go much further that this.

Anyone renewing their health insurance with any company should consider this option

In fact, why wait to renew? If you are mid policy, you can cancel the old policy and get a refund. And then insure with Laya. (Check that the savings exceed any penalties for cancelling the old policy)

Are these plans still as desirable with the recent sharp price rises imposed by Laya?
I put in enhanced hospital cover with €250 excess and standard everyday cover which is €816. My current VHi policy, One Plan 250 today costs €807.

Are these plans still as desirable with the recent sharp prices imposed by Laya?.
Interested in the answer to this also.

Secondly, my renewal date with Laya is not until September. Can I switch plans mid year without penalty? Potentially, I could reduce my monthly bill from €91 per month to €59 per month which is a hefty saving. Granted, that's with a €500 excess but still very tempting.

thanks for highlighting this tool.

much easier than guessing your way through all the plans.

hopefully I'll find what I need through this.

many thanks

Just to say that Laya is regulated for risk in Liechtenstein and is at a commercial advantage vis a vis the irish registered ones.
The CB confirmed that to me.

The other interesting point is this, from here http://www.layahealthcare.ie/
"Your Insurance is provided by Elips Insurance Limited trading as Laya Healthcare. Laya Healthcare Limited, trading as Laya Healthcare, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland."

The same business name, Laya Healthcare is used in respect of two different legal entities.
The CRO confirmed to me that that is allowed.

Laya Comparison Tool

I used this today to compare plans with Laya and it doesn't show all Laya plans. I used the HIA website and settled on Laya Flex 500 Explore which does not appear on the comparison tool at all.

I was looking for semi-private in private hospital and as much Blackrock/Mater as I could get. Seems to be a match for reasonable price.

What a great link, very easy to use and you only choose what you want / need! :)

[broken link removed]

Back