I phone 4 as a gift

pablo123

Hi, My sister -in-law has been given an upgrade by meteor , She had an I - phone 4 and her contract was up thus the upgrade, She still has the old I-phone 4 and has offered it to me, The thing is will I need to get it unlocked and if I do will they transfer my details to a new sim card as I have a samsung galaxy at the moment, Last thing is , Will I be able to stay on pay as you go, I will not be able to get to the shop for a few days so thought I would check with you first, Thank you, Regards Pablo123.

Your sister-in-law will need to contact Meteor to ask for a code to unlock the phone ([broken link removed]). It will then work on any network. She should do this as soon as possible as it can take some time. If you are also on Meteor you do not need to get the phone unlocked.

The iPhone 4 takes a micro-SIM card, which is the same as the Samsung Galaxy, so your current SIM should fit. You can stay on pay as you go.

I can't answer your question about transferring contact details - some phone shops do offer this service but usually only when you're buying a new phone from them. There are other ways of transferring contact details yourself, but someone else would have to advise.

Back