Motor Its4Women.ie actually quote men

CarPark

I was wondering if it was still legal for its4women.ie to offer a service exclusively to women - i thought not given recent EU equality ruling.
So i went on to their site to see if they would actually refuse to quote me as a man. They gave me a quote, and afterwards, i went back and changed my status and name to a woman and was given more or less the same quote (€3 less, but i won't get too excited about €3).

So its not really for women at all! Its for everyone, but maybe worthwhile for men to check out, as their quotes are based on a predominantly female clientelle, so should therefore be based on a lower risk profile etc.

Am i overlooking anything obvious?

its4women.ie and 25plus.ie are the same company, they are insurance brokers (well I assume they are as I have had 2 policies with different underwriters from them). I think the website addresses are just a marketing tactic to attract people.

From what I recall, when they started up they cherry-picked women over 25 only.

The equality authority put a stop to their women-only policy some time back. Have still found them very good cost wise, even when including no. 1 son as learner driver.

Back