Still waiting on TRS increase?

AndyDub

I'm with ICS and they told me 30% TRS would be sorted from April on, but there is no increase in this months payment. Any ideas when it will go up?

I spoke to Ulsterbank on this issue I am on a tracker, and basically because my interest rates have come down the last few months so has TRS even though its gone up... not actually worked out if this is right but it sounds right.. they also mentioned that revenue calculate it not the bank, they just use the figures given to them.

check back with your bank on may 2nd, it may have applied then, if not it will be june 1st.
still waiting on mine from Ulster Bank.

Ulster Bank have not been able to apply the trs increase to their mortgages yet, still getting 25% and not 30%.
i think 95% of banks are in the same position.
i think from previous threads only EBS have started to apply the correct trs.

I've emailed ICS this morning to ask. The annoying thing is I skip May and June on my mortgage as I pay it over 10 months, so I wont now see the extra TRS till July. Probably a blessing in disguise mind you!!!

Hi all,
I rang the UB yesterday and was advised that it would be Aug/Sept before they applied the revised TRS!!

Response from ICS customer services (who are quite reactive it must be said)...."We have been informed by revenue that the new date for the increase in TRS is the May payment".

Surely the banks have to wait for instruction from Revenue to increase the TRS?
It's amazing that the decision was made in the Budget at the start of December but revenue still haven't their house in order, amazingly they had no issue in increasing the vat from 21% to 23%!!!

In fairness, I rang the Revenue in December and they were able to tell me exactly how much TRS I was entitled to, how much my mortgage should drop by etc etc. I rang again in February, and they confirmed that they had sent all the relevant updates to the bank for processing.
When I rang the bank in February they confirmed that they had all the new data and that they were integrating it into their systems! They initially advised that all would be sorted by April/May, but now its Aug/Sept!!

have any of you gotten letters from the banks regarding it? im with Haven and have heard nothing - was going to give it another couple of months before getting onto the revenue...

no letters, just watching the media and contacting the banks and the revenue,
when it happens it will happen,
and you will get any trs that was supposed to be paid since the start of the year, paid over the remaining months of the year.

Back