Home Renovation Incentive tax scheme introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else hear a rumour that this was going to be introduced over the next few days - have heard this from 2 different people now but can't find anything on the interweb

Does anyone know if its costs incurred after tomorrow contracts signed after tomorrow?

it is expenditure incurred from 25 October and a couple cannot double the refund by splitting the bill as the limits relate to the residence.

Regarding claiming the vat back Is it additional tax credits split over 2 years or a lump sum soon after filing.

If it's additional tax credits it does not sound very attractive. Probably mean 4 euros a week more to ones wages. Wud rather a lump sum.

Hi all,

The info is online now at http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/hri/index.html

One of the questions says:

2.3. Can I claim a tax credit under the incentive as well as claiming and receiving an SEAI Grant or an Insurance settlement?

No. Any grant paid or insurance settlement will be excluded from "qualifying expenditure". Qualifying expenditure will be reduced by three times the amount of the grant payment or the full amount of the insurance payment.

That's somewhat confusing, as it first says no, and then suggests yes.

My project is much larger than the HRI limit of 30k, and I'm planning a SEAI grant application too. (~3.5k) Am I right in thinking that I would be eligible still for the HRI, but the eligible amount would be reduced by 10.5k (3x3.5k)? In that case I'm still above the HRI limit, so I'm eligible for both grants.

Any thoughts?

Will this scheme cover rehabilitation of septic tanks in rural houses? Ie the installation of proprietory treatment systems.

Would septic tank replacement with a proprietory treatment system come under this scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back