NIB now charges 5 Eur/quarter on my C/A (!)

Godfather

Hi,

NIB now charges 5 Eur/quarter on my C/A (!). Has anyone got suggestions on Current Accounts with possibility to do on-line transfers abroad? NIB was the best in my opinion, but now I'm considering closing it...

Thank you!

G.

I switched from NIB to Ulster Bank.
You can do on-line transfers abroad.
Bank changes will come in here too at some stage - so no avoiding this.

Their internet banking isn't as good as NIBs.
Their app for android / apple is good and works well.
No option to generate PDF versions of your statements.
I find this to be poor when compared against NIB.

Transferring money abroad is straight forward and free - though only via the website.
I laugh when it defaults to the emergency transfer option each time and wants to charge me ~18 euro. As if they think I wouldn't notice this and pay this amount.

Hi,

NIB now charges 5 Eur/quarter on my C/A (!). Has anyone got suggestions on Current Accounts with possibility to do on-line transfers abroad? NIB was the best in my opinion, but now I'm considering closing it...

Thank you!

G.

Hi Godfather,

Current account best buys here.

Ulster Bank have free banking until at least July 2013.

THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH, a query on UlsterBank please: can you create payee details for international transfers online or do you need to go to the bank? With PTSB you need to create international payee by going to the bank first as i remember. :(

Thank you!

G.

You can create new international payees on line. You just have to fill in all the details Name, BIC, IBAN etc. the first time. From then on the payee is available from a dropdown list. I did it yesterday.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Btw I just closed the c/a with NIB and kept the esaver. Apparently I can still do transfers via esaver! YESSSSSSSSSS! :D

Thank you, I was just assertive enough to ask whether I could keep NIB esaver alive without c/a connected to it. Anyway my main c/a has been with PTSB for years! ;)

I have done exact same, NIB just started helping themselves to my money from what used to be called my FREEBANK account, have opened up a ulsterbank account and moved the current account activity to it.

Back