does israel get all of gaza when all the palestiains are dead and can they build hous

NOAH

As point of interest can israel claim gaza when all the palestinians are dead?

ie can they build houses or must they withdraw and leave the land empty?

As point of interest can israel claim gaza when all the palestinians are dead?

ie can they build houses or must they withdraw and leave the land empty?

All the Palestinians cannot be eradicated. The Nazis failed with their eradication programme.

Just over 20% of the population of Israel is Arab. Most of those are Palestinian. Israel is the only country in the region that affords its Palestinian population full and equal rights.
Your post shows that not only do you know nothing about the history of the area (especially the role of Jordan, Syria and Egypt in dispossessing and betraying so many of their Muslim brothers and sisters) but very little about the current political situation.
Try to educate yourself just a little bit before you post such silly comments. By all means read and listen to the virulently anti-Israeli Irish Times and RTE but try to balance that out with the more liberal and balanced American media outlets such as the New York Times or CNN or even the English language service from Aljazeera. Aljazeera are biased but at least they are informed.

Since Steiner had the bad taste to bring Nazi analogies into a discussion about Israel I’ll add one; The tripe that comes out of RTE and the Irish Times is as shallow and biased as what a 10 year old kid would have written in the 1930’s in the Nazi school system.

Guys, the rights and wrongs about this has discussed before. Is there really any point in doing it again? It will just go down the same road with wild accusations of bias and ill thought out comment. Three posts in and we have the Nazi's mentioned.

Also is AAM really the forum? I am sure there are plenty of other websites that invite comment.

Just hope it ends soon. Between Ukraine and the Middle East, it has been a depressing week.

purple after todays bombings in gaza are you still of the view that israel affords palestinians full and equal rights? I think you are on the wrong track. Have a read here on how Israel dispenses full and equal rights.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/14/opinion/la-oe-myers-israel-citizenship-arabs-20140114

My question is purely about one country having enough firepower to wipe the other off the face of the earth and then can they claim that territory for themselves? As far as I am aware it is the first time in history that such a scenario can occur.

I am not overly bothered about the history of Israel, and lets face it without all the arms and support they get from usa they would not even exist. If Israel were as equality conscious as you purport in your comments then you would have a palestine/israel state with people living side by side.

Anyway as that argument has been done to death lets not go there.

I will finish by saying methinks I know a lot more about israel than you do.

purple after todays bombings in gaza are you still of the view that israel affords palestinians full and equal rights? I think you are on the wrong track. Have a read here on how Israel dispenses full and equal rights.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/14/opinion/la-oe-myers-israel-citizenship-arabs-20140114

My question is purely about one country having enough firepower to wipe the other off the face of the earth and then can they claim that territory for themselves? As far as I am aware it is the first time in history that such a scenario can occur.

I am not overly bothered about the history of Israel, and lets face it without all the arms and support they get from usa they would not even exist. If Israel were as equality conscious as you purport in your comments then you would have a palestine/israel state with people living side by side.

Anyway as that argument has been done to death lets not go there.

I will finish by saying methinks I know a lot more about israel than you do.
So let's not talk about the history of the region, the recent political history of the region or the specific military threats posed by Israel’s neighbours... but you want me to comment? Yea, right.

Israeli expansion into the occupied territories is wrong but the ghettoisation of 2 million people in one of the most densely populated slivers of land on earth is a international travesty. Israel needs to take some of the responsibility but by no means all of it.
What’s happening in Gaza is sickening but the cold and cynical way in which the people of Gaza and the West Bank have been abandoned and exploited by their Arab brothers is the most sickening of all. Most Israelis wants a settlement to the conflict. Some of them don’t; the fundamentalist nut cases and right and left wing extremists, but most people do. Being in a constant state of semi-war is not what they want or need. That’s not the case with the political elite in most of the rest of the Middle East. They need that open sore there in order to justify their opposition to the Israeli state and maintain their anti-Western, anti-liberalisation stance. They are more than willing to sacrifice the Palestinian population in order to further those ends.

The history of the region is long and complex and the external influences are and have been extensive. It’s a Gordian Knot. The internal politics of Israel itself is also complex. The betrayal of his own people by the murdering embezzler Arafat (whose wife lives on Lake Geneva on the back of the estimated one billion dollars he stole from his own poverty stricken people) was a massive blow to any chance of a peace process and gutted and emasculated the more liberal elements within the Israeli political system. Now the Palestinians are led by the Party of God who throw homosexual children from the roofs of buildings and impose barbaric primitive laws on their own people. The last thing they want is a settlement, particularly a two state settlement. They want no Israel and no Jews and will oppose anything that doesn't further that agenda. There are no “good guys” here, just people in power who want to keep it and want to further their own agendas and don’t really care about the people who are suffering.

By the way, if you think one country seeking to wipe out the population of another and take their land is in any way unique then well, I’m surprised.

Noah, are you from the Ark or sumfin?:rolleyes:

England has the firepower to wipe out Ireland. France has the firepower to wipe out Belgium. USA has the firepower to wipe out Mexico, Canada, Ireland. Russia has the firepower to wipe out Ukraine. etc. etc. etc.

Given that you think the Israel situation is a first I am surprised you are not praising them for their restraint. One thing for sure, if Iran or Iraq or Syria or Hisbollah or Hamas or Isis had the firepower to wipe out Israel, it would be bye-bye Israel.

I agree with everything that Purple has said and my regret is that your silly OP is getting any attention at all.

The Israeli Embassy in Ireland posts pictures of famous international landmarks with nikabs, including Molly Mallone, on Twitter and Facebook - they have been removed, but can be viewed here - what were they thinking?

Noah, are you from the Ark or sumfin?:rolleyes:
What's really funny is that in 1918 the British had over 4 million members of their defence forces, more that one for every man, woman and child on the Island of Ireland. They could have wiped us off the face of the Earth in a matter of weeks.
AS far as I know the last people who were really fond of wiping out entire populations as a matter of course were the Mongols. The Romans did it in Carthage. The Americans did it to most of the First Tribes when they expanded westward over the Appellation Mountains (The British tried to stop them and honour the treaties that they had signed with the locals. That brought them into conflict with the settlers and was one of the major factors that led to the American war of independence). The Australians almost did it to their Aboriginal population (it wasn't for the want of trying that they failed). The Germans did it to the Bushman population in East Africa (thereby wiping out the oldest human genetic group on Earth). I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

The Israeli Embassy in Ireland posts pictures of famous international landmarks with nikabs, including Molly Mallone, on Twitter and Facebook - they have been removed, but can be viewed here - what were they thinking?

They were posted by an employee of the Israeli Embassy on his personal twitter account, not by the Embassy.

They were posted by an employee of the Israeli Embassy on his personal twitter account, not by the Embassy.

No, they were posted on the Embassy's official twitter and facebook page. They were tasteless and crass (bordering on racist) but in the great scheme of things, not exactly newsworthy.

No, they were posted on the Embassy's official twitter and facebook page. They were tasteless and crass (bordering on racist) but in the great scheme of things, not exactly newsworthy.

I agree that they were tasteless but I don't think they were bordering on racist; they were absolutely racist and played to the most paranoid right-wing anti-Muslim elements in the West.
Translating the text using Bing from the link deigirl posted;
" A different diplomacy shock sent from Israel, is an image the Israeli Embassy in Ireland shared on Twitter yesterday.

In a photomontage, with the text "Israel, the free world's last bastion", the Embassy added pictures of famous European landmarks.

The difference is only that they, among others, have fotomanipulert among other things, the Mona Lisa-painting with a burqa and rocket and written "Israel now. Paris «next».

The statue of "the Little Mermaid" in Copenhagen is equipped with an AK-47 machine-guns.

Also, Michelangelo's David in Florence is equipped with explosives around liver and an Arab scarf around your head.

Molly Malone statue in Dublin has also been dressed up in a whole tires Nikab.

The spokesman for the Foreign Ministry in Israel, Paul Hirschson, said this to the Telegraph about the picture that was posted.

-Israel encourage our diplomats to have personal Twitter accounts. These images are not a part of our official strategy, and personally I liked it, "he said."

What an obnoxious idiot Mr. Hirschson seems to be.

Another incredibly biased article from the Irish Times here.
At no point does it mention the extremist views of Hamas or the fundamentalist terrorist policies it espouses or how it wished to destabilise the region as factors in why the governments of Egypt, Jordan, Saudi or UAE oppose them. It doesn't mention the Sunni Shia nature of the political divide either. It is full of innuendo and half impressions that the Arab states that oppose Hamas are somehow bowing to American pressure or selling out their brothers for their own selfish political ends.
The reality is that in a region where no state comes up to what would be a pass grade in the test of what a country should be and how it should act Gaza under Hamas is about as bad as any of them and worst than most.

Another incredibly biased article from the Irish Times here.
At no point does it mention the extremist views of Hamas or the fundamentalist terrorist policies it espouses or how it wished to destabilise the region as factors in why the governments of Egypt, Jordan, Saudi or UAE oppose them. It doesn't mention the Sunni Shia nature of the political divide either. It is full of innuendo and half impressions that the Arab states that oppose Hamas are somehow bowing to American pressure or selling out their brothers for their own selfish political ends.
The reality is that in a region where no state comes up to what would be a pass grade in the test of what a country should be and how it should act Gaza under Hamas is about as bad as any of them and worst than most.
Are you reading that correctly, Purple? I do not detect that the writer is pro Hamas. Instead he is pointing out that the Arab Spring has actually lined up mainline Arab states against Hamas which goes to show just what a repulsive group they are.

Back