Vincent Browne TV3 Debate

Conan

Watching only a little of last night's debacle am I the only one depressed at the crowd of left wing loonies putting themselves forward as MEP candidates?
The whole programme was like trying to manage a herd of cats and Vinny was useless. Candidates were entirely negative (other than Eamonn Ryan), against everything. The audience were largely negative, not a positive bone between them. Frankly it was a lesson in self flagellation, and I could not watch more than 30 minutes without the risk of becoming totally depressed at the quality of lunatics seeking our votes.
It was very clear what these people were against (water charges, property charges, universal health insurance, Jobs Bridge, etc etc). But much less clear was what these candidates are for (other than a wealth tax which will solve everything!!!).
No wonder the "main" political parties did not turn up. And the chanting in relation to Alan Shatter only confirms my view that these people do not deserve our support. Vincent Browne is just a local version of Fox News ( only of the opposite political persuasion). The "show" is a total groan fest.

I've watched a few of these now. It's Jeremy Kyle meets Questions and Answers!

I view it more as entertainment. Of course Vinny always jam packs it with lefties and they just try to out roar each other (People's Judean Front v's the People Front of Judea!). Crowd is full of people who love the word 'entitled'. You must have gone to bed before the end last night when Vinny started to espouse his theory on everyone in Ireland earning the same salary and how that'd solve all our problems!

Saying all that, I still thought it was bad form on FG and Lab to not send in a any candidates last night. Even if they would have been eaten alive

its hardly surprising that FG and labour couldn't be bothered sending any candidates, too many questions they would not be able to answer!

its hardly surprising that FG and labour couldn't be bothered sending any candidates, too many questions they would not be able to answer!

The would be able to answer them but people don't like hearing the truth.

They wouldn't be let answer them and even if they were the Looney Left supporters wouldn’t have understood the answers.
There isn't even a veneer of impartiality with Vinchenzo. I presume his shows are categorised as entertainment rather than current affairs or news.
The man is a caricature. He used to annoy me, now he just makes me laugh.

As long as the extreme Left are represented by such a bunch of disaffected, delusional, disingenuous detritus the main political parties shouldn’t have too much to worry about. The fact that they get any support at all is a testament to how many utter muttonheads live in this country. They are the “enough is enough”, “the most vulnerable in society”, “Tax the rich (more)”, “No to XXXX (everything)” brigade.
I feel sorry for Eamon Ryan having to occupy the same room at them.

I don’t see how any economically left wing leaning voter could vote for anyone other than Labour or Fianna Fail.
If you are in the centre then it’s Fine Gael or even Fianna Fail and if you are right wing economically then you have no party to vote for but the most right leaning centralist party is FG.
All of the parties are socially liberal, with FG on least so and Labour most, FF is in the middle.

The Looney Left is a joke; it offers nothing constructive. It is for those people who don’t like reality and like to blame the world for their personal ills. The Shinners are kind of in that category but with a fair few bloody footprints trailing out behind them.

Just to be clear, and to sum up; yes, I am saying that people who vote for the Looney Left are stupid.

but would that make them more stupid than all the people who voted for bertie and FF??? I guess the search for an intelligent voter goes on!

and those who voted for FG and labour last time, if I remember correctly the FG slogan last time was " politics is broken and we intend to fix it" viz no more cute strokes, reduce number of TD's, cut pay, be more accountable and on it went. They are no better and that guy from labour standing up in the dail voicing his support for a justice minister who had just resigned for incompetence says a lot about our politicians.

Bob Geldof got it right, banana republic septic isle. This country is run by the civil service plain and simple we dont need the TD's.

but would that make them more stupid than all the people who voted for bertie and FF??? I guess the search for an intelligent voter goes on!

Political reform etc requires the consent of the politicians, the senior Civil Servants and the people. The politicians like the status quo, as do the senior civil servants and the people rejected political reform when they voted to retain the Seanad.
Stroke politics is what the majority of the electorate want since they vote for stroke politicians; people who “do a lot for the local area”. You don’t have to wear a cap and have a Kerry accent to be a stroke politician, indeed those guys don’t pretend to be anything else and that is to their credit.

The problem with the Looney Left is that if they did what they said they would do, if they kept their promises, then the country would be like a failed South American state within a decade. They are opportunists, charlatans, snake-oil merchants; playing on the pain of people in lower socio-economic areas (incorrectly referred to as Working Class areas by some people) by promising things that could not under any circumstances be delivered. They are doing this for their own personal gain, be it financial or egotistical.

They espouse a bankrupt dogma as the solution to the problems of a bankrupt state. Their message is a lie and they would lead this country to utter destruction.

To be fair to the looney left and far be for me to defend because I know what you mean but it was the so called mainstream centre to centre right parties that created this mess. Indeed it was looney left who quiet correctly as it turns out were the ones shouting out against the bank guarantee and using taxpayers money to save banks. It was the centre to the centre right (and I include myself) that decided that banks could not be allowed fail. If I had know that Anglo would end up costing over €30 billion, I would have campaigned for Joe Higgins myself.

They have also being priced right recently in the Justice controversaries when mainstream parties were too busy laughing at them to actually pay attention to what they were saying.

Having said all that, I could never vote for them but then I could never vote for the PD's either.

To be fair to the looney left and far be for me to defend because I know what you mean but it was the so called mainstream centre to centre right parties that created this mess. Indeed it was looney left who quiet correctly as it turns out were the ones shouting out against the bank guarantee and using taxpayers money to save banks. It was the centre to the centre right (and I include myself) that decided that banks could not be allowed fail. If I had know that Anglo would end up costing over €30 billion, I would have campaigned for Joe Higgins myself.

They have also being priced right recently in the Justice controversaries when mainstream parties were too busy laughing at them to actually pay attention to what they were saying.

Having said all that, I could never vote for them but then I could never vote for the PD's either.
My problem is their economic policies, or lack of them, and the idea that we can tax and spend our way out of this mess.
The reason the main stream parties got us into this mess was because they were in power. Could anyone really suggest that these guys would have spent less if they were in power?
They are in favour of "Real Jobs and Proper Services". They may as well say that they are in favour of sunshine, happiness and unicorns.

These programmes offer nothing in the way of solutions.

You have a few buzz words here and there and shouting sown people with an alternative view.

A programme debating real issues is needed.

Back