Diploma in Legal French

examhell

Can anyone with experience of this programme advise whether its a worthwhile pursuit?

I would hope that it would serve to embellish my CV when interviewing for an apprenticeship.

There is a thread just below on postgrads for those thinking of studying as a solicitor . Got some great responses there about various postgrads, you might find info useful, though not specific to the course you are considering.
:)

Thanks! I notice they tend to be about Masters, which I dont intend doing, at least not yet. I have just 1 more FE1 to do and want something to do between now and entry to Blackhall next year. Thanks for the tip though

i'm kind of in the same boat examhell...looking to do something beneficial for the yr off which would help me get an apprenticeship - so annoying trying to decide what though!! what exam do you have left?

Hi Dats Right,

Many thanks for your advice. I have 2 years experience in a Legal Exec role in a small Munster firm & am currently working as a Legal Sec in a top ten Dublin firm. I have previously done the Diploma in Property Tax and now that I have all FE1's passed I need something to do in the year between now and going to Blackhall. I will continue my current employment pending an apprenticeship offer. It wouldnt be a waste though to do the diploma, would it?

I am now considering doing a Dip in Family Law or Employment Law as opposed to Legal French. Dublin Business School run these courses and they cost €1000, the same as the Legal French.

The Law Soc also do a dip in Employment Law - its €2k

Any comments on whether these might be more beneficial are welcome.

Hi,

There are also diploma courses in UCD in Employment,Arbitration & International Arbitration. A bit more expensive around 3k , but I guess what your paying from there is the NUI name.

Im not too sure what the thoughts are of these courses either so any views would be much appreciated .

As regards choosing a diploma , do family and/or employment interest you ? Do you see these as your areas of practise in the future & why ? If you do get called for interviews, I thinking they will ask you these questions.

Back