Absolute Return

F

fairfield

Anyone got a view on the Std Life GARS fund or other funds in this space? From looking through there does not seem to be many absolute return funds for sale here. I can see there are a few hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, but no real competition for Std Life. Are there other funds I am missing?

Anyone got a view on the Std Life GARS fund or other funds in this space? From looking through there does not seem to be many absolute return funds for sale here. I can see there are a few hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, but no real competition for Std Life. Are there other funds I am missing?

Irish Life offer the Fidelity Multi Asset Strategic Defensive Fund, which also attempts to provide absolute returns in all market conditions.

Just be careful about the charges i have read that there can be performance related fees for outperformance of the fund of the region of 20%

Fairfield,

If you are sure it is Hedge Fund exposure you want, you can buy 'Funds of Hedge Funds' via exchange traded funds. No financial advisor fees, no Standard Life loaded fees and lower annual management fees.

If you don't know where to look, come back to me on it.

Rory Gillen

Back