Another non-story : Judges' expenses

And some judges also very recently wiped out hundreads of speeding fines that were done by the "Go Safe" speed vans.

Well, if Ireland Ltd can support corrupt politicians, inept bankers, a hospital system which rivals 3rd world why not give an extra few bob to our judiciary? None has been held accountable.

Well, if Ireland Ltd can support corrupt politicians, inept bankers, a hospital system which rivals 3rd world why not give an extra few bob to our judiciary? None has been held accountable.

What do you mean by that?
I have a few issues with judges, mainly the massive pensions they get for only a few years of service, but an average of €11'438.36 per judge per year doesn't seem excessive. My work related expenses are a multiple of that. In my case they are almost all accumulated on a company credit card so it's auditable. People who travel for work have accommodation and related expenses. What's the problem?

I don't see how the Irish times is making it a big deal. They are reporting it, and have helpfully put up a table with a list of what each judge is claiming. This is a good thing in a democracy.

And I must say I commend the judges on what looks like very reasonable spending. Quite a frugal lot actually.

And some judges also very recently wiped out hundreads of speeding fines that were done by the "Go Safe" speed vans.

They were bloody right to do so. At least someone is standing up for citizens' liberties. Have you read the Gilvarry case?

Back