LPT: We've received no notification yet 17/4/2013

Dinarius

We live in a 3 bed semi and have a one bed apartment let.

We haven't received any letters yet.

1. Will we received letters for both?

2. Will the letter for the apartment be sent there rather than to our house?

Thanks.

D.

I've also not received notification yet. On the radio last night, an ad said if you have yet to receive it, call revenue. Which I did this morning. They told me to "sit tight" for another week as there were still a bunch to go out. Many people in my area have yet to receive them too.

I've also not received notification yet. On the radio last night, an ad said if you have yet to receive it, call revenue. Which I did this morning. They told me to "sit tight" for another week as there were still a bunch to go out.

Why in the ad didn't they just advise that more letters had still to be sent out? I have heard nothing from them yet either , though one neighbour I spoke to has received his.

Strange alright - I suppose its just yet another faux pas by the guys implementing this.

Or a more cynical me could think that I was just hood-winked into calling an expensive hotline (at my cost) to ask "please may I have my bill" so I can become a tenant again.
Sigh...

Something ye might note is if you are registered with ROS your notice would have been sent there instead off by post.

Something ye might note is if you are registered with ROS your notice would have been sent there instead off by post.

I am. Self-employed.

What website should I check it up on then?

Will look into it.

Thanks.

D.

Where did you hear that? From here :

"Revenue will write to residential property owners over a four week period commencing on 11 March enclosing an LPT Return and a detailed guide to Local Property Tax. Due to the volume of correspondence involved (personalised letters will issue in respect of 1.66m residential properties), the delivery process will take about four weeks to complete."

If you have more than one property, the LPT demand will be sent to your Principal Private Residence, with details of how to logon to Revenue and pay the Tax. There you will find a facility to pay for all other properties, which are linked to you.

Bear in mind that the return has to be in by 07th May 2013 regardless of whether you receive a notice or not.

You need to be proactive.

I think you're being re-active. You need some forward thinking so all sides come out happy.

Paid the previous tax (like a good little citizen:)) and still no letter for the new LPT. When it the deadline 7th May or later for online submission?

I have received my letters via the Ros system. I actually received an email informing me that they were in my inbox (rental properties)

My husband received one for our own home via that system too. We are both registered seperately with Ros.

I must admit the valuations were there long before I got the emails telling me to check as I had looked it up myself weeks ago.

Still haven't received anything for my home and nothing to my late mother's house either. The one to me will most likely be in the name of the previous owner as I only closed the sale recently but nothing has been sent to the occupier.

Not registered for ROS - I did try once to register but got caught in a muddle with differences on data between revenue and social welfare so registration failed and a series of phone calls never sorted it.

I am. Self-employed.

What website should I check it up on then?

Will look into it.

Thanks.

D.
You should get an email to the address registered with ROS. It will tell you that there is an important notification on your ROS account. You log in and you can get your LPT1 "letter" and Revenue's default "valuation". You can then go to the regular LPT site to do a return and arrange for payment. You don't have to (can't?) do the LPT stuff through ROS itself. My LPT stuff came this way because I was self assessed and registered for ROS a few years back but am PAYE only these days.

I didnt get a letter either but applied online for a ROS password a few weeks ago. Logged on the other day and clicked onto the property tax section. My details came up with my address etc. I started to fill in the form but when I came to the registered owner details (or something like this) it stated someone else's name (not even previous owner). It gave me the option to add my details to the current details but if I wanted to omit current name I would have to phone them! I logged off and haven't done anything since...

OK - I've now:
Rang Revenue - told to "sit tight" for a week - that was about 8 days ago
I've emailed Revenue - about 3 days ago - no reply yet
I've tried to set up with ROS - awaiting to hear back

Now what?

Back