What are Danske & Ulster Bank like for fixed term deposits?

TRS30

Have recently opened regular savings with KBC so would like to spread my fixed term deposits with some other institutions.

From what I can see on the Best Buys for 1 year (Danske) and 6 month (Ulster) seem to be the next best rates wise.

What are they like to deal with, easy of application, customer services etc and is opening this 'servicing account' with Danske much of a hassle? I assume it's best to open an instant access account.

Any other info on the two would be appreciated.

I tried to open a 12 month account with Danske recently but, had to give up.
Phoned them on a Monday for info about setting up the service account and, was told I would have to make an appointment for an adviser to call me. Next available slot was the following Friday at 3PM !!!. I made the appointment. On Thurs I discovered I would not be able to take the call at the appointed time so, I rang to reschedule the time but, was advised that the next available slot was the following Weds. at 11 AM.
At this point I gave up as it seemed they were not interested.
If I had to go through all these loops to set up the "service" account , I hate to think what would be involved with the actual term account,

Nationwide UK will pay you 2.75%, same as Danske, but better customer service than Danske.

Thanks Ciaran, must have missed that one on the best buys.

Looks like it will be Nationwide and Ulster bank.

I walked in off street today into Nationwide with my ID, proof of address and pps number and in less time than it took to drink my free cup of coffee they had given me I was finished. Just waiting for a welcome pack in the post now and I'll be good to go.

So far so good

Thanks Ciaran, must have missed that one on the best buys.

Probably my fault for listing Nationwide UK further down the best buys when they really should be listed second under KBC. I have moved Nationwide UK up the thread so all providers, are sorted by, highest to lowest, 1 year term deposit rate, where possible.

Probably my fault for listing Nationwide UK further down the best buys when they really should be listed second under KBC. I have moved Nationwide UK up the thread so all providers, are sorted by, highest to lowest, 1 year term deposit rate, where possible.

Thanks Ciaran.

I have decided to go with Nationwide for a 1 year fixed and PTSB for instant access.

Back