Irish banking shares in complete meltdown (again)

Murt10

AIB (-41.38%)
BOI (-28.00%)
Irlife &P (-25.77%)

I feel sick! The Country is goind down the tubes.

Murt

And there goes Bank of Irelands chief executive now. Retiring in the Summer apparently.

Thats has swiftly followed the resignation of the 5 remaining directors of Anglo Irish this morning.

eh hello. I think youll find that banking shares are getting hammered all over the globe today..not just irish banks.

Almost 52% now for AIB. Is hitting 20 cent the threshold for nationalisation? Time to emigrate soon :(

Can you tell me the websites you are using for tracking Irish banks shareprices and ditto for the international situation?

The site is the best for Irish shares, but it occasionally is not updated.

Then I switch to the RTE one which is a very irritating site.

Brendan

I wonder if our savings are safe in any of the Irish banks at the moment? Is the Government Guarantee worth anyhting at this stage?

Goodbody is good also but only updates every 20 minutes.
[broken link removed]

I remember reading that Brendan is a shareholder in AIB. I wonder how he feels about the prospect of us shareholders getting wiped out because it looks like nationalisation is on the cards.

[broken link removed] has a 15 min delayed Reuters link if you click on the Market Tools option on the side.

A few international exhanges too.

Also, good charts, Reuters news etc.

I remember reading that Brendan is a shareholder in AIB. I wonder how he feels about the prospect of us shareholders getting wiped out because it looks like nationalisation is on the cards.

I am holding 1,200 AIB Shares. I considered getting out at 20 to spend on my wedding but didn't as I thought they'd go back to 25.

I considered selling 500 at 13 to pay off my credit card bill but didn't as I thought they would go back to 20.

They have gone from a value of €30k to €600.

As far as I am concerned I am wiped out already.

Sorry to go slightly of topic, but how is the dollar doing and where can I watch it, should I be buying dollars before Obama takes over tomorrow. (did'nt know that I needed dollars until friday)

Back