A resort with a nice prom...where

nad

Hi looking for a nice holiday town or resort that has a nice promenade for evening strolls on mainland spain,anywhere considered so please make your sggestions and say why

Cambrils
- near Salou airport
- doesn't have the tackiness of Salou, though it's near if that's what you're after
- short trip to Tarragona, day trip to Barcelona
- fishing town
- restaurants at the seafront aren't set-up for English speakers. To me that's a plus

Malaga has an extensive beach area which is great for walks & the city itself has great shopping , bars , restaurants & museums.

Marbella has a one mile plus promenade, busy old town area and a couple of quite Spanish (i.e.nontouristic) parks. But with cooler evenings approaching it gets much quieter. After September, I think Deiseblue's suggestion is best - Malaga city which is a genuine busy Spanish town with quite a bit of evening activity. But even there evenings outdoors can be quiet Dec-Feb.
Much further north -e.g. Catalonia, it gets quite chilly in the evenings in the winter.

Torremolinos... very long lovely walk or

Palma Nova in Majorca ... also very long and nice walk

Mojacar Playa Costa Almeria in Spain has miles of level promenade (called Paseo del Mediterraneo). There is the walk and the parallel bicycle lane. It is along the beach for miles.

Privately booked accommodation is readily available in the resort most of which would be within five minutes walk of the beach.

Eating out is excellent and inexpensive with a choice of Spanish, Argentinian, Colombian, French, Asian cuisine. The fast food outlets are there also. Even if you are not staying in hotel accommodation a weekly/fortnightly "all-in" eating menu is available there. However, I would not recommend it as the food (with good choice though) is the same every day.

If you want more difficult walks the near hinterland has everything from hill climbing to rock climbing. There are free childrens play areas along the beaches also. Mojacar Pueblo is 1.5 miles distant. It is a white Spanish village perched on top of a small mountain. Its streets are narrow and cobbled and there are extensive views for miles around. The local bus service is good and the fare is €1.20. Vera Aquapark is a short bus journey distant, but if you feel like the drive it will take around 15 minutes.

Access is through airports Alicante and Murcia directly from Ireland, but Almeria airport through the UK is probably cheaper. However, if kids are travelling you would need a direct flight.

These are not in Spain but I would recommend Nice in France & Split in Croatia.

Both have airports and also have long promenades with plenty of restaurants, bars & shops. I've always felt very safe on them. Split also has Diocletians palace to wander around.

El Campello north of Alicante is a nice area with a nice prom and is not too over developed,could be what your looking for.

Back