delayed cancelled missed connecting flights

dewdrop

as an infrequent flier would some kind poster please set out very approx the typical travel insurance cover relating to delayed, cancelled and missed connecting air flights. i know the small print should cover this but frankly i find it a bit confusing. my impression for what its worth is you get pittance for a delayed flight but if this results in you missing another flight you get amount under ..missed flights... if flight is cancelled do you get the cover under ..cancellation/curtailment? apologies for sounding naive!

Travel insurance compensation will vary depending the terms and conditions of your specific policy.
In the absence of travel insurance your rights are listed here

If you are flying on a 'through' ticket with any of the traditional airlines they will re-route you at no extra cost if you miss a connecting flight. If you are flying any of the budget airlines, you are on your own.

There is an article on the perils of conncecting flights with different airlines on the www.flightmole.com discussion forum see

[broken link removed]

Travel insurance has limited cover for delay but would appear very rarely to cover the risk of an airline cancelling a flight ( as opposed to risk of where a passengeris obliged to cancel a holiday-due to risk of illness for example).

as an infrequent flier would some kind poster please set out very approx the typical travel insurance cover relating to delayed, cancelled and missed connecting air flights. i know the small print should cover this but frankly i find it a bit confusing. my impression for what its worth is you get pittance for a delayed flight but if this results in you missing another flight you get amount under ..missed flights... if flight is cancelled do you get the cover under ..cancellation/curtailment? apologies for sounding naive!

For future reference look at each airlines conditions of carriage-they all differ with regards to their policies on delayed or cancelled flights. A helpful link is You will find links to many airlines conditions of carriage.

Back