Orlando - August Queue times

peno

We are thinking of going to Orlando this summer in August or September.

I want to wait until September to go - my main thinking is that there will be fewer queues as US schools will be back and also less European travelers will be on holiday at that time.
I have experience of Disney in Paris and portaventura and note that at the main summer times the parks can be mobbed and queue times very long. I don't want to spoil a great holiday by waiting too long in line. That and the fact the flight prices are cheaper in September.

However my other half is strongly opposed to talking our 8 year old out of school for 2 weeks in September - I see him being a good kid who can make up the time so don't have a problem with this.

Is there much difference in terms of queues between August and September? Can anyone who has been in August give some advice of the queue times etc? I someone who was there in both months can give some advice that would be even better.

Hi,

The second week in Sept better. There is a holiday in the States the 1st weekend and the kids go back to school after that.

A que for a big ride is at its longest 20 mins. I find it the best time to go apart from Jan.

The difference in que times from Aug to Sept is about 35 mins extra per ride which really limits your day and in the heat etc kids won'rt be in the best of moods ( never mind the adults ).

I've been over there 7 times, so if you need any other advice pop me a pm

I was there in August a few years ago, and yes it was very very busy and there were long queues for all the popular rides. But the biggest problem was the rain - it rained almost every afternoon, and there was a tropical storm while we were there which meant constant heavy rain for three days. I would NEVER go back at this time of year again. People I know who have been in May generally seem to think that's the best time to go, both for weather and queues. While Christmas/New Year is very busy, apparently Easter is the busiest time of the whole year.

By the way we found Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios to be much better than Disney in terms of rides. As we were staying on International Drive it was really convenient for us, more so than Disney.

August would be far too crazy, I went the last 2 weeks in September and even I found that a bit unbearable. Working with in the travel industry I find most people like to go in October or November

Back