Roof insulation

blue100

Hi, we did a patchy diy job on insulating and partialling flooring the attic a number of years ago, but never did the roof. The attic is also a mass of electrical, alarm and plumbing cables and you can also see some of the recessed lights in the rooms below, which is a fire safety concern.

Have you any idea what it would cost to
(i) insulate the roof
(ii) insulate roof and floor; or
(iii) insulate roof and floor and refloor the attic / hide the cables, essentially tidy the whole thing up?

4 bed semi based in Dublin.

I understand there is a €250 SEI grant available for the roof, but don't think there is anything for doing the floor - is that right?

Many thanks. Just looking for ball park, appreciate quotes can vary a lot.

Blue100

Hi Blue100,

Why not ring up a few insulators and get them in to give you a quote ? Better than a ball park figure from AAM and it shouldn't cost you anyting.

-pm

Of course i could do that, but that is very time consuming. As I am not in the house most of the day it generally means taking time off work and before i start doing that I wanted to get a sense as to whether this would be worth it or just too expensive........

In the current environment you might find that they will accomodate you i.e. call to give quote outisde of your working hours

Back