Irish Rail Tax Saver Discount

misemoi

Just booked a train for next weekend, it would have cost 48 EUR normally but was only 36 EUR using the taxsaver discount. I don't think this is a very advertised benefit of having a taxsaver card, so if you have one check the price before booking to see if it is cheaper. Also they have an additional 10% discount on online bookings before 3pm today using offer code NLDC2757 :)

I still don't see an option to select the loyalty ticket online. Was this a booking using the station machine ?

When you have selected the services you want, in the bottom right hand corner there are a list of options, one of them is the tax saver ticket. Remove the online price by selecting 0 and select 1 of the tax saver price.

As I understand it, it is only available to holders of an annual taxsaver ticket. Check out Taxsaver Loyalty on this link http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/tickets-explained

I used that promotion a few years ago and was told it was open to anyone with a TaxSaver (branded) ticket which means one issued by (or part issued by) Irish Rail or Dublin Bus. Luas isn't included (as far as I can remember) unless it's LUAS plus irish rail or dublinbus. I'm not sure about bus Eireann but I assume it is.

Back