correct curtain width

Charlie 07

Just got a pair of curtain and think they're too wide. Curtain pole is 120cm and curtains are 132cm. By how much should I slim down the curtains? Is there a 'magic formula'?

Cheers!

Depending on the type of curtain you have - you could just gather them to make them hang properly. Don't cut them before you try them on the curtain pole!

they are tab top but also have hanging tape on the back? Must I pull the strings also? Didnt think this tape came on tab top curtains?

If there is tape knot one end (so you don't just pull it right out!) and gather. Even if they are tab top hang them up & gather on the pole. It looks nicer to have "full" curtains rather than measly looking ones. You could even get a couple of tie-backs to hold back neatly when open. Sometimes you have to let curtains hang a couple of days to get them hanging nicely. With tape top curtains I usually get ones that are at least 1 & a half times the width of the pole.

just hung them there and they seem fine.tabs a bit cluttered on top. Must go on the hunt for tie backs now. thanks!

No problem and keep away from those scissors!! Lovely tie backs in Dunnes at the moment.

Back