financial newsletters

nasher

I am looking for any information regarding free financial newsletter websites dealing with the eurozone or gb stocks i have used some of the u.s based newsletters and have found them to be quite good.Hopefully some of the suggestions would be on a par with 'seeking alpha'.

Thanks

There is a stack of research into the success or otherwise of financial newsletters going as far back as a paper by Alfred Cowles in December 1932.

The conclusion reached by this research is that newsletters rarely perform any better than guessing by pure random chance.

A summary of some of the literature can be found [broken link removed]

Afraid I must disagree with you Marc - Dow Theory has been proven to be excellent and key US surveys which track Dow Theory market timing signals have consistently reported so. IQTrends also has an excellent long term record as a newsletter of providing suitable blue-chip, high yielding US shares that have outperformed consistently since the 1960s.

Rory Gillen

I should have stated blogs rather than newsletters anyway i personally have found the blog that i use in the states as being a fantastic resource for me personally as a beginner, people would probably say i was crazy using blogs for information regarding stocks but i have done quite well out of this and it was all free!

Back