Cost of home heating oil

There was mention on TodayFM yesterday evening of a 6% Carbon Tax on all fossil fuels as of (beginning or end??) May.

So I guess the smart thing would be to fill up tank end of April....

There was mention on TodayFM yesterday evening of a 6% Carbon Tax on all fossil fuels as of (beginning or end??) May.

+1 And dont be surprised if the suppliers add on a few cents as well.

Thing is, there will be a flood of people filling up at that time, so you might see the suppliers putting the prices up on a daily basis as the demand hits.

Might be a cleverer idea to fill up a few weeks before everyone else?

Current prices in Inishowen, Co Donegal:
500l = €280
1000 = €555

schoolbooks.ie/Home-Heating-Oil-Secure-Order.php €625 per 1000 l

Just bought home heating oil today in Wexford- best deal available was from online site cheaphomeheat . ie

€335 for 500l kersoene but I bought 1000l for €645- ordered at 11am & they had it here at 3pm.

Have been buying from Campus for years but checked around this time & got best deal

Just had some kerosene delivered, does this sound expensive?
400€ - 513 litres

How long would that last you? I have gas heating and personally the oil seems to me to be way better value even if oil prices have gone up, as my heating bill after last xmas was nearly 500 euro and this was only for 2 months

Just had some kerosene delivered, does this sound expensive?
400€ - 513 litres

well if you checked a few posts above you, that site shows the cheapest for 500 litres is €330 though that's in Donegal, it's not an awful price but a bit more expensive than most.

How long would that last you? I have gas heating and personally the oil seems to me to be way better value even if oil prices have gone up, as my heating bill after last xmas was nearly 500 euro and this was only for 2 months

Not true, gas is far cheaper than oil. Take a look at the SEI's [broken link removed] for delivered energy costs.
Leo

Thansk for that info Leo.
Despite their huge efficiency, the oil condensing boiler seemed to be undermined by the huge increase in the price of its fuel.

ONQ.

Hi everyone, I am new to this but I was just wondering how much it is this weather for 500L and 1000L of Kerosene? Where seems to be the best prices around Kildare, Meath, Wicklow and Dublin

Hi there, I have gotten a quote from Texoil for €602 for 1000L. Also if they fill your tank between 850 -1000, the calculate what you owe using at .602 cent per litre.

Were Dublin based.

P..

Just got a quote from Campus oil of €605 for 1000lts of Kerosene in the wicklow area anyone got any other quotes lately?

Back