Where can i buy a Cavalier King Charles Pup in the leinster area?

jeni8383

Im looking for a male cavalier king charles pup.I live in dublin but willing to travel in lenister area.Anyone know some one who might breed them?

Hi jeni have a look on this web site seems to be good a choice lets us know if you find what your looking for.

[broken link removed]

by the way i have no connection to this site or sellers on it.

Your vet, or the Irish Kennel Club should be able to point you in the right direction...

Please be cautious of advertisers... There are puppy farms doing a roaring trade, sometimes fueled by small ad sales... Sadly, lots of these poor pups are not healthy, not to mention the dreadful lives the parent dogs have... Please find a responsible breeder...

I hope you manage to find a happy, healthy puppy....

Darth...

There's a lady in Cavan who breeds these dogs (and is very reputable), friend of mine bought 2 from her. I can get the details tomorrow and PM you if you're willing to travel that far.

Alternatively, check out the dog pounds where you might find one who could do with a good home.

For example

No connection to either the dog seller or the website

Yes check out done deal .ie , the buy & sell or any other local advertiser in your area.they a fairly commen breed you should have no trouble finding what you are lookin for

would be VERY VERY wary about buying off donedeal, buyandsell etc....that's where all the puppy farm breeders try to sell their animals...try to find a reputable registered breeder if you're looking for a pedigree...alternatively check out your local poun, they might have a dog to suit your needs.

It would be extremely irresponsible to source a dog off done deal or the buy and sell. You need to find a registered breeder.

Another option is to contact your local dog shelter and tell them you are looking for a particular breed - many pedigree dogs go through dog shelters.

If you dont need a specific breed then please consider adopting an unwanted dog - there are thousands of them out there.

My recent experience at our local dog shelter visit, it was full of lurchers and pointers and entirely unsuitable dogs. There were many families there and not once did I hear a child say a dog was cute or they want that one. Just disappointed faces all around. The adoption process would put anyone off, seemed a bit extreme (proof of registering with a local vet etc) On the other hand I found on donedeal a dog that needed a new home (owners moving) and we are delighted with him. Donedeal is a very popular website - I'm sure breeders would use it also since if they didn't they would be cutting out a large potential buyers market.

We got a lovely pedigree labrador pup through Done Deal. The seller invited us to visit his home to see the puppies and their parents. We were happy with what we saw and have had no problems with the pup we got.

My recent experience at our local dog shelter visit, it was full of lurchers and pointers and entirely unsuitable dogs.

Fizzelina, I dont understand how a Lurcher could be considered a totally unsuitable dog - unsuitable for what exactly? Lurchers have wonderful temperaments and are brilliant with children, really gentle. They also require little exercise and like to sleep a lot during the day, they dont bark much and are hugely affectionate. They make great family dogs. Pointers are also good pets.

The point of a shelter is not to be offering little fluffy dogs that a child would immediately want one of - its to rehome dogs who started out as little fluffy cuties and subsequently lost their home, or never had one in the first place.

Its a mistake to buy or adopt a dog for a child because it looks cute and the child is pointing at it saying "I want that one" - that is not a responsible way to get a dog - based on cuteness. Whats going to happen when the dog grows up and is no longer so cute? Back to the shelter if that was the selection criteria.

The rigorous adoption procedure is to ensure the dog is going to a responsible owner, why would you not be willing to show proof of registering your pet with a local vet?
Its actually to protect the animal going forward - not to annoy a potential owner.

Im glad you found a dog on done deal and although there may be reputable breeders on it - its also far too easy for puppy farmers to advertise there and because of this I would advise anyone to stay away.

Sorry truthseeker you took me up wrong, I didn't imply the lurchers / pointers were the unsuitable dogs (although 8 out of 12 dogs were lurchers which was strange I thought), there was those and other unsuitable dogs. Eg I asked about a particular dog and was told he came from an abused background and could not be rehomed except to someone expert in rehabilitation (yet was advertised for a loving home) Anyway I totally take your point about puppy farmers on done deal and to avoid it people need to follow guidelines like visiting the person (not doing the deal in a car park etc) and seeing the mother with the puppy etc, like olddoll says. And I agree people should be responsible before getting a dog but most dog owners don't go to the vet until the dog is sick so yes I did think pre-registering was a bit extreme. I don't include myself in that since I come from a family with happy dogs as pets and so does my boyfriend.

Fizzelina, the reason there are so many lurchers in the system is because they are bred by certain sections of our society and dumped if they cant race or have an injury or dont breed well etc...so a lot of them tend to end up in shelters.

Just on the vet aspect - my neighbours got a dog from the pound, were told a vet had looked it over, no health issues and had been neutered. They were not required to register with a vet to get the dog. It was obvious within a couple of days there was something not right. They went to a vet themselves, and it turned out, the dog was NOT neutered, had neurological problems, had some kind of intestinal bacteria that it needed an antibiotic for, and had some other bone problem (that was as a result of neglect and resolved itself over time).

Anyway - the only point Im making is this - if I were getting a dog the first thing Id be doing would be bringing it to a vet - because unless I was told by my vet that the dog was ok - I wouldnt be trusting the word of a shelter/pound who, lets face it, want to shift the dogs off the premises to free up the kennel for the next unfortunate. Now in saying that - Its not like Id be bringing the dog back is anything was wrong - but Id certainly want to know about it upfront.

I also agree with you that its not really great for children if the only dogs available in shelters need special attention - mind you there are a lot of shelters out there so there is a lot of choice available.

Ive seen firsthand the result of puppy farming and in both cases it was dogs with lifelong health issues. Its not good.

Totally agree with you there truthseeker. A family member got dogs through done deal and even though they went to collect them and thought everything looked ok but sadly found out afterwards that these came from a puppy farm. The people involved here were changing phone nos etc so hard to make contact with them afterwards.
Personally if I were looking for a dog right now I would get a shelter dog, probably the most decrepid, saddest looking dog in the place would be my choice!

Have to agree with the concerns of buying from small ads/donedeal/buyandsell etc. The lengths that puppy farmers will go to in order to convince someone that they're a genuine breeder is scary - but then, of course they do, they have no morals and they make lots of money from it. I've read where they have one respectable looking bitch for display purposes - in other words, they put any puppies of that breed from any other bitch with this "mother" and when you meet them, you're convinced that they're cared for and properly bred. Please be careful - we're servicing the UK market as well as our own because legislation and prosecution is non existant.

My own first port of call would be to look at local pounds and rescue shelters - there are many of them and they DO get every breed under the sun at one time or another. If you're on Facebook, many have their own pages. Stringent adoption contracts are only right because they guarantee to you and them that the puppy/dog is valued and will be cared for properly.

Otherwise, please use a registered breeder and seek advise from trusted vets and shelters if you're concerned. A dog is the best addition to any household and best of luck in finding one!

On the other hand I found on donedeal a dog that needed a new home (owners moving) and we are delighted with him. Donedeal is a very popular website - I'm sure breeders would use it also since if they didn't they would be cutting out a large potential buyers market.

fizzelina, our 2 year old miniature jack russell was stolen 3 weeks ago. we kept an eye out on all the for sale ads and lo and behold an ad went up on gumtree 4 days later for a '12 month old jack russell' for sale due to 'owners moving'. no picture. we called the number and the guy said he'd been unemployed and got a job in carlow and was moving there for that reason and couldn't take the dog with him. said he was a great family dog and got on great with kids etc blah blah...

we asked him to send a pic and it was OUR dog!

we met him in ballymun and had to hand over €150 to get him back. the dog was drugged when we got him back also, as he's an aggressive enough terrier but slept for nearly 2 days after we got him home. just glad he's back safe and sound.

bottom line, don't believe one ounce of rubbish these sellers tell you on gumtree, donedeal etc.

also in the search for our stolen terrier, we were told that all the puppy farms seems to be located in the tipperary area...is this true?? i live in rural dublin and have always kept an eye out for such activity but have never seen anything suspicious, just wish others around the country would be more vigilant to help stop this horrible cruel practice.

Back