Visit from bank official today regarding mortgage

In my experience, the IMHO are quite slow in sending on the relevant Letters of Authority to the Banks. As mentioned above, from an indepth knowledge of this lender, I'd safely bet that this was down to KBC awaiting further information which, for some reason was not provided (or, perhaps was provided but not recorded)

Most commonly, this happens when the corroborating documents raise questions (EG living expenses, discrepancies with the SFS, Short trm debt repayments etc) In this case, the Bank will call to clarify, if they cannot make contact, they will issue a letter stating that, if the information is not provided, an agent will call to the home. If still not provided, the borrowers may be deemed non-co operating.

KBC do not utilise unnanounced calls so I would imagine that this "pre callout" letter had been sent.

In any case, I would safely imagine that they will revert to you with a long term restructure offer in the coming weeks - as to what this may be, your guess is as good as mine. Again, the caveat applies - until such time as an offer is made & accepted, paperwork is issued, signed and returned - you will not be in an arrangement and your account will continue to bill for annuity - regardless of what the staff may tell you.

In my experience, the IMHO are quite slow in sending on the relevant Letters of Authority to the Banks. As mentioned above, from an indepth knowledge of this lender, I'd safely bet that this was down to KBC awaiting further information which, for some reason was not provided (or, perhaps was provided but not recorded)

Most commonly, this happens when the corroborating documents raise questions (EG living expenses, discrepancies with the SFS, Short trm debt repayments etc) In this case, the Bank will call to clarify, if they cannot make contact, they will issue a letter stating that, if the information is not provided, an agent will call to the home. If still not provided, the borrowers may be deemed non-co operating.

KBC do not utilise unnanounced calls so I would imagine that this "pre callout" letter had been sent.

In any case, I would safely imagine that they will revert to you with a long term restructure offer in the coming weeks - as to what this may be, your guess is as good as mine. Again, the caveat applies - until such time as an offer is made & accepted, paperwork is issued, signed and returned - you will not be in an arrangement and your account will continue to bill for annuity - regardless of what the staff may tell you.

We did receive one of those letters that said a representative would call to our house if we did not contact them within 5 days. We subsequently called them within the time frame and told them we would be dealing with the IMHO and to put a note on the file. So it's possible that somewhere along the line there was a miscommunication.

This can happen! Macavity appears to be well versed on the systems used by KBI.
You need to establish whether IMHO have contacted KBI on your behalf. If they are taking over the negotiation of your case all contact from KBI will need to be referred to IMHO. Written confirmation of this will be required by KBI. IMHO should have asked you to complete such an authority. When this has been completed any contact from KBI should be referred to the appropriate person in IMHO.

This can happen! Macavity appears to be well versed on the systems used by KBI.
You need to establish whether IMHO have contacted KBI on your behalf. If they are taking over the negotiation of your case all contact from KBI will need to be referred to IMHO. Written confirmation of this will be required by KBI. IMHO should have asked you to complete such an authority. When this has been completed any contact from KBI should be referred to the appropriate person in IMHO.

I spoke to the IMHO today and I have sent the contact authorisation form back to the IMHO in the envelope with the completed SFS and other required documents. They should have received it in the post today. I will call again tomorrow to make sure they have received the information and to get an update on what is going to happen next.

Back