ICS Building Society

Dublin3124

Hi all,

I have been approved by ICS Building Society for a mortgage.

Anyone know when they will be taking the mortgage out of my account. Is there a specific date during the month that it is taken out?

Sorry but I'm a first time buyer and new to all this.

Thanks

The mortgage won't come out of your account until a month after you draw it down. You give them the date you want it taken out on. With regard to ICS I found them VERY slow, we got our approval letter in Nov last year and the official mortgage loan offer didn't come until Jan and then the mortgage draw down was in Feb. We had all documentation etc but it was very slow going through approval stages in ICS. We selected 7th of month to pay the mortgage, we got the cheque last week in Feb but they didn't take mortgage in March, the first one came out in April, just to give you an idea.

Ive used ICS. We got our mortage in August and our first payment was in October, meaning we paid an extra months interest. I hadnt realised this would happen but will be watching for it if I get anotehr mortgage in the furture. I presume the bank would tell you they are giving you breathing space for a month while actually you end up paying an extra months interest to fill their pockets. contact them and instruct them to take the first payment out after one month.

Back