lecturer payments for marking assignments and exam scripts

D

Dasein

Hi there,
i work for a private 3rd level college and they do not pay lecturers for marking assignments and exam scripts. i am trying to find out what the norm is in other colleges but i am meeting brick walls where ever i enquire. are there any lecturers out there who do get paid for this work and would be willing to share how much they get. is it paid as a flat fee per individual script or is it only if the number of scripts exceeds a set limit etc. any information/advice would be welcomed:confused:

if you are marking exam scripts from classes you teach then I would presume that it would be included in your salary?

If you are an Associate Lecturer in the IT Colleges, its a flat rate of €8.35 per student per class. Thats what you are paid regardless of number of assignment per student.

Setting an assignment is €100.

if you are marking exam scripts from classes you teach then I would presume that it would be included in your salary?

We get paid a set rate per hour for teaching. no other frills attached!!

If you are an Associate Lecturer in the IT Colleges, its a flat rate of €8.35 per student per class. Thats what you are paid regardless of number of assignment per student.

Setting an assignment is €100.

Just so i get this right! If, for example, I have 100 students and i set one continuous assignment and a summer exam paper and an autumn repeat paper. that would mean i would receive €835 + €300 ???

p.s.thank you for sharing the rate with me

I lecture night students so it may be different for full time, but yes that is correct.

The courses are modularised so its usually 10 to 16 lectures and 2 by assignments.

Lecture rate is €60 something per hour, I'd have to double check to be exact.

In NUI lecturers below Senior level get paid for correcting, once you hit senior lecturer you dont get paid extra for it.

Back