Banking 365 (BOI) Down

Can't access 365online or banking365 :eek: , hope this is just a glitch and not something more serious.

RTE are saying that the issue is ongoing.

It looks like people are getting funds that they do not have in their accounts to withdraw:

However, some cardholders may be getting money from ATMs even if they do not those funds in their accounts.
The bank's spokesperson said this is because 'in a crisis situation, each individual card holder has an offline line'.
Those customers withdrawing more than they have in their accounts will incur normal charges.
A spokesperson said it is an 'unforeseen temporary technical issue', which the bank is working to resolve.
Tellers could not access the up-to-date balance on customers' accounts during the day.

I was able to withdraw cash and use laser last evening. Around 7.30 this morning I was able to get a balance via telephone banking but now cannot get access to online or telephone banking.

It said on the news last night that BOI was giving money to account holders who hadnt sufficient funds in their accounts. They will still incur the normal charges. So it wasnt free money after all. :)

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon - this must be a pretty big issue for it to be out for the 2nd day running! Ridiculous, that a bank as big as BOI can have this offline as long as this and have no back up.

Boi

I went into a BOI branch yesterday at 3:30pm and was told that bank tellers are only issuing €65 per person in cash, and ATM's were issuing between €200-€300 per person.

The lady reassured me that the system would be back up shortly. I was able to log in last night at 11pm but no such luck this morning.

I was able to withdraw €500 in cash yest evening from a BOI ATM.

UPDATE: I was able to use telephone banking via a landline within the last half hour.
I made 2 cash withdrawals last night for the same amount ( via Dunnes instore BOI machine which has a withdrawal limit of 120e per transaction) only one of those has appeared on my account and my wages have not gone in. Getting slightly worried now as my husband is due to be paid tomorrow, his company also banks with BOI!

Last edited:
1304hrs and still no online banking. Think we should do like Tom (Pat Shortt) in Fr Ted and go into the bank with a shot gun to get our money, well it is our money!

Am I being over reactive?

Final straw for me after a week of dealing with them over a card-cloning security issue.

Over to NIB next week.

If it's an IT issue then why would there be limits on the amount of cash given to customers in the branch, sounds strange to me..

Seems odd to me that it was working last night (after close of business) but not working again today. My confidence is not high in banks and things like this don't help.

Back