How do I actually pay the tax due under my eForm 12?

ck_303

So I just completed my eForm 12 online for the first time - all seemed very painless but I have to admit, I'm bewildered about how I'm actually supposed to pay the tax due?

Previously I just included a cheque for the relevant amount with the form when I submitted.

This must be a dumb question since I don't see it being asked anywhere else on the site but any help would be much appreciated!

You will receive a balancing form P21 from revenue with the defecit/surplus due. You just send a checque back with a copy of that form then.

Many thanks for the help!

If I could ask a follow up question - will I be hit for penalties because I haven't actually paid my tax by 31 October (assuming I don't get a balancing statement today) or is 31st October just a filing deadline?

I'm pretty sure you will not as it's the filing date as oppose to the date it's actually paid. Also a form 12 generally does not incur penalties unlike it's big brother form 11. It's hard to believe but revenue in general are not the mad dogs we sometimes think they are :)

Back