inspecting installed upvc windows and door

GoldWings

Hi.
I had new pvc windows and a door installed in late 2011.
In 2012, the door bowed, and subsequently due to the large gap between the door panel and it's frame, it became very draughty and clunky to close.
I complained to the fitter. I took my eye off the ball and allowed the fitter to pawn me off on the actual door fabricater.
I realised I was going nowhere, so in July 2013 I e-mailed and also sent a registered letter with photos showing all the issues with the door. There had been numerous attempts to repair including the replacement of the inner door panel and the addition of 2 strengthening bars. But the door was still bowed and the draft persisted.
In Dec 2013, the fitter arrived on my doorstep and insisted I allow him to remove the entire door and it's outer frame and reinstall. But I refused and demanded a brand new door And frame.
so this was installed Jan 2014. Brand new..... But there's still a draft and the workmanship is shoddy. The letterbox leaks rain water.
Today, I got a guy from a different windows and doors company to have a look. He said the door is installed incorrectly. It's too far recessed. The fitter has put a thin line of concrete along the wall at the frame and he said this is the wrong thing to do also. Plus you can see into the wall the foam sealant -there are gaps and it looks bad. He showed me that he could close the door on his business card and still move the business card. If the seal was right, he said he shouldn't be able to move the card.
Then I just asked him to have a look at the living room window and he said the way the sealant (mastic?) had been applied is terrible. He was also able to shove his business card up under the window and on closer inspection he said he thinks the window is actually too small that it was measured wrong.......
So now I need to start getting factual and get some kind of survey done and furnish the fitter with it and demand that everything is corrected.
But I don't know where to start or who to contact.
Has anyone any advice? I'm in Dublin south central.
Thanks in advance.

Back