Off License in Private Estate

kmelvin

Hi,

There is a shop in my estate which has an off-license - which is drawing alot of anti-social behaviour.

How can I find out when their Liquor sales license is up for renewal?

I believe to object to the renewal - I must attend the district court and make an appeal. Is this the correct procedure? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

K

Does the license not have to be displayed on the premises for the public to see it? Presumably it contains the from/to validity dates?

Hi,

There is a shop in my estate which has an off-license - which is drawing alot of anti-social behaviour.

I believe to object to the renewal - I must attend the district court and make an appeal. Is this the correct procedure? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

K
Have other residents in the estate noticed the "anti-social behaviour"? Have you spoken with other residents or the residents committee / management company? Have the Guards had complaints / made arrests / moved people on? Do you have photos / video of what happens or of the rubbish or debris left? Is there under-age drinking, fights, unruly behaviour that other have seen?

Unless you can gather documentary evidence from sources other than yourself it is unlikely, as a single voice, you will get any hop from the judge, IMHO.

I know that I've seen such licenses on display in supermarket offlicenses - Dunnes, Lidl, Aldi etc. and some convenience stores (Centra, Londis, Spar/EuroSpar etc.)

The local guards will know when the renewal application is up as they have to be notified.

Sorry I'm just getting back now.

The guards were aware of the renewal date - but say it is extremely difficult is get the Off License revoked.

Most people in the estate (including the Res Association) are aware of the problems associated with the Office License, but with no definitve proof, its very difficult to approach.

I'm still looking into this, I've heard in the past of other estates successfully objecting to an Off License renewal.

I'll keep you posted.

Back