How to go to Marrakesh from Agadir

149oaks

We're (5 Adults) going to Agadir on Friday. We want to go to Marrakesh on a day trip. I was told it's €75 each for a Tourist Bus Day Trip. Anyone know of local busses etc we could use that would work out cheaper. We were there 20 years ago and did it.

We did the tourist bus day trip several years ago, began around 5am, were back around midnight. Hell of a long journey through all kinds of terrain and the bus wasn't the most modern. Cannot remember what we paid. We went straight there and back and had quite a few hours in Marrakesh. Doubt if local busses would do it in a day.

http://www.ctm.ma/ is the Moroccan equivalent of Bus Eireann ... They should be able to sort you out for buses between the two cities (Site is only in French, but should be fairly intuitive)

It's motorway pretty much the whole way I think now so it's only about a 3 hour journey .. certainly do-able in a day .. but if I were you I'd consider overnighting in Marrakech - plenty of options of accommodation and the city is probably more atmospheric (and less hot to wander around!) after dark

Looks like they're only charging 100 Dirham which is about €9 each way .. so substantially cheaper than the bus tour from Agadir ( though of course the tourist bus probably picks you up from your hotel and probably also includes some sort of guided tour in Marrakech too )

Back