Moving to Loughlinstown

Needsofthe

We're thinking about moving to Commons Road in Loughlinstown. Two questions: 1. Is it a safe place to bring up children? 2. Is it at risk from flooding? Any help is appreciated.

Like all areas, I'm sure there's good and bad. Loughlinstown itself is apparently quite dangerous and also on the way from Commons road to the dart. The area's got a bad reputation so maybe consider carefully before moving. I know road flooded at the start of the year but I heard the council have done something to fix it.

I would also like recent information on the area. Also, what is Ballybrack like these days? I was born there and it was pretty dodgy back then but what is it like nowadays?

Also, what is the best way to determine what area a house is really in? I ask because the area I was born in in Ballybrack is now called "Killiney" according to the estate agent. Also, another property we saw in Cabinteely has the address "Killiney" as well - is there a way to check where places really are?

Like all areas, I'm sure there's good and bad. Loughlinstown itself is apparently quite dangerous and also on the way from Commons road to the dart. The area's got a bad reputation so maybe consider carefully before moving. I know road flooded at the start of the year but I heard the council have done something to fix it.
That's a very sweeping statement and is not true.

There may be some parts of Loughlinstown which are not the best, but it certainly doesn't apply to the entire area.

Commons Road seems a nice road if a little isolated for walking (certainly at night). The area towards the Council estates (Clifden/Rathsallagh) used to flood regularly. Large walls have been built to stop flooding but I don't know whether these have been effective or not. There was a large halting/travellers estate between Commons Road and the roundabout which seems to have been closed down. It would be worth looking into why.

Beware of Cromlech. Full of golf enthusiasts using the land as a driving range, firing golf balls across the Commons Road towards the windows of houses facing the river. A regular occurence. Also the flood defence along the Commons Road was a disaster and the wall collapsed during the last big flood. Has been rebuilt but it remains to see if it would survive another deluge. Be careful. Some of the land along Commons Road is close to being deemed a flood plain

Back