List: of how much it cost to get your car serviced in a main dealer.

skyblue

Hi,
I think it would be interesting to start a thread on how much it cost to get your car serviced in a main dealer. I propose the following format: I will enter my last service to kick this off. I dont think we should include non-main dealers in this ie saying my mate serviced it for €50 as this is not a like for like transaction. Edited to with Blue suggestions below.

Car: Skoda Superb
Model: 1.9 Diesel Expression
Service: 16000KM
What was done: Oil Changed, Oil Filter Changed, All checks for 16000KM service.
Cost: 127 Euro including VAT
Name of Garage; Monaghan and Sons Ltd. Castlebar Co. Mayo

Re: Service Costs

Meaningless without saying what was done in the service and whether spurious or branded parts were used.

Meaningless without saying what was done in the service and whether spurious or branded parts were used.

I included the miles so people can get an idea to compare against. I assume main dealers are using the correct parts.

Car: Opel Astra SXi
Model: 1.4 petrol
Service: 14000KM
What was done: Oil and filter change, check all fluid levels, top up washer bottle, visual check of brakes, moving parts etc, all as per service booklet. Rotate tyres and replace damaged number plate.
Cost: 125 Euro including VAT (rounded down from €127)
Name of Garage: Lewis Opel, Portlaoise
Date: End January

wow i always pay over €300 each time in mitsubishi main dealer, limerick/kilkenny/carlow, i thought this was normal, i will get the receipt and post a more detailed description tomorrow, this is a great thread

hi all

i hope you don't mind me hi-jacking your thread slightly, but I'm about to make a decision on an '06 Saab 9-3. Dad and friends who know more about cars than me and who are VW / toyota fans are telling me that I'm mad to go for a Saab as they're a niche brand and servicing costs will be huge? Is that a myth or are they correct?

Great thread and I apologise in advance if you feel i'm hi-jacking it,

WOW! Authorised Fiat dealer used to charge me much more for service on my old car (Punto!). They must have taken me for a total idiot!!! (which I clearly was)

Service cost vary because the parts replaced vary. First service on most cars at 15,000 kms range from €99 to €135, for oil filter, oil, sump plug washer, screen wash, enviro dis charge and labour inc Vat.

skyblue I'm not sure why you paid €127 for a first service when there on long life service intervals, 30,000 kms first service. Usually you might change the oil if you wanted but that's about it.

Yachtie, I wouldn't worry about your price until you looked at the receipt again, on the old type punto, normal service on those would include, oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and leads and prob a rocker cover gasket, washer etc. There would be a lot more milage on your car and more parts required.

Best thing to do is read your manual and it will tell you when and what parts are to be replaced. If you get a very low bill ask why? certain parts were not replaced if they were due or a high bill ask for a breakdown of the bill. Always agree a price before you confirm the booking and again when you drop your car off. Allow €10.00 for bulbs etc but any more than that you want a phone call.

If you stick to that you won't go to far wrong, remember if they ring you and say you need add work you can say no and get tyres etc else where when you have more time to shop around.

Winston smit, service cost on saab are high and re-sale value is not great.
But if you stick to the above you'll be okay. At lease if your in the know you won't be to upset if you breakdown etc.

Car: VW Golf
Model: 1.4 Comfortline
Service: 40,000 km
What was done: Standard service for 40,000 km
Cost: 168 Euro including VAT
Name of Garage: Western Motors, Ennis

Skoda Superb are not on long life service. Well 06 100BPH model was not.

Do you think 127 was expensive?

All Skoda Superb's are on long life service. With the diesel even the 100 bhp or 77kw. 32,000 kms or two years is the first service interval. You can change the oil mid way if you like but it's up to you, but it's only an oil change. If it has the flexible service intervals set up on the car it could actuall drive up to nearly 50,000 kms with out a service.

€127 is around the normal price for a first service on cars with a 15,000 kms service interval but your one isn't due a service yet so it was an expensive oil change.

Great thread....

Ford Mondeo 2.0 TD
01-11-06 :45k km service at Downey Auto Stop ford Main Dealer, Portlaois
Price included replacement car.
oil & filter disposal
glass cleaner
filter assay-f
filter-primary
no.plate surround replaced by my requst €3.00 + vat
tex 5w30 oil x 6
Labour
sundries @ €3.00
Total inc vat :€218.00

Last edited:
The gf got her car serviced, told her to ask what it would cost and shop around, but obviously she did not.

Would be interesting to hear experiences from other citroen owners to see where I can get it cheaper next time, as I believe this one is over-priced.
Car: Citroen C4
Model: 1.4 Design
Service: 15,000 km
What was done: Standard service (oil +filter + windscreen washer etc + change of fuse)
Cost: 220 Euro including VAT (272 -52 for valet)
Name of Garage: Nobber Motors, Nobber

Make: Toyota Corrolla Terra hatchback
Model: 1.4 vvti
Year: 2002
Miles: 38000

Standard service cost 125 euro
Parts: oil, filter, washer fluid, spark plugs, air filter, rear brake shoes.

Total incl. VAT 265 euro
Took a total of 1 hour, absolute rip off.

Kelly's Toyota, Letterkenny.

Total incl. VAT 265 euro

Is this really a rip-off considering the additional parts (plugs and brake shoes) plus labour?

Mines in on the 5th. I shall post here, great idea, especially if it takes off and their is a good archive built up.

Total incl. VAT 265 euro

I don't think that was too bad :confused: to be fair there was more than one person working on the car for it to be done in 1 hour

Back