dublin airport hotels

M

mderr

hi

wondering if anyone can recommend any of these over the other, for one night, car parking not required

great southern, clarion or bewleys

thanks

m

The Regency Is Very Reasonable And Handy To The Airport

Bewleys is a whole commute away! its not handy to the airport and the area it is in is also prone to very slow traffic to get to the airport.

Tulip, Crowne Plaza and carlton are all within a 1k and of course Great Southern being closest.

Only the Great Southern and Clarion are actually within the Dublin Airport complex itself. Obviously some of others are within striking distance. As far as I know all offer courtesy shuttles to departures. I've stayed in both the GS and Clarion recently and both were fine. Got good rates (c. €90 room rate for the night) in both. But it was just a night's kip before an early flight in both cases so we weren't really looking for much. Clarion were helpful in getting us a cot for the baby and relocating us to a ground floor room because there didn't seem to be lift access to the first.

I stayed in Express by Holiday Inn in Feb price was €69 including continental
breakfast they allowed early check in(8am) at no extra charge, they have a shuttle service to and from airport, if its a bed for the night then it's fine, you can get dinner at the Crown Plaza next door.

I recently stayed in the Tulip Inn. Nice rooms, cheap (€75), with a free shuttle bus to the airport.

Hi

I've stayed in both The Clarion and Great Southern both on a regular basis for the past six months or so.

Both are fine but I much prefer the Great Southern for the following reasons :

The bus shuttle from the terminal seems to be more regular to the Great Southern.

I find the rooms to be much better at the Great Southern. In the Clarion
some rooms are a long walk from reception and the standard of rooms is not as good. Ive been placed in terrible smoking rooms on occasions eventhough I absolutely detest smoke.

I found the bar food in the GS very good although there is a good oriental restaurant in the Clarion too.

GS tends to be a bit more expensive.

Stayed in the Carlton Hotel beside the Quickpark last month. Excellent spot. The rate we got (online) was €89 for the room for one night. They also have a shuttle bus to the departure terminal.

Definitely recommend it.

Recommned the Carlton too! 4 star hotel and very helpful staff. right besdie Quickpark if you miss the shuttle!

best 3 are carlton, clarion and great southern, all very close, all 4 star and all reasonable.
great website for dublin airport hotels is [broken link removed]

I've stayed in the GS, Clarion & the Carlton. Clarion shuttle bus seems to take forever for pick-up. GS one came 3 times while I was waiting !

The Carlton for me is definitely my first choice. The Quickpark bus will take you if you miss the shuttle. Alternatively you can phone & they'll send the bus to collect you. They deliver a very welcome continental breakfast to your room even at 4am if you request it.

The Great Southern to me is a bit past it's prime & also no air conditioning & in summer if you leave the windows open you cannot sleep with the noise.

I thought that the GS looked a bit tired (decor wise) alright. But so was I! I just remembered that our room phone didn't work in the Clarion and nobody came to sort it in spite of me telling them twice (I only wanted to call reception with it not pay high hotel phone prices obviously!). So I mentioned this again on checking out, haggled a bit, and got 10% knocked off the bill.

I stayed in Clarion last week. My flight arrived late at night - terrible wet and windy. Waited with others for Clarion shuttle bus for 40 minutes - had to ring hotel twice. Great Southern shuttle arrived twice while waiting. Room (€87) was okay. Excellent buffet breakfast was priced €18.93 but special token left in my room for €15. One piece of advice. When booking go direct to hotel website first. I compared it with tripadvisor and the direct hotel quote was much cheaper.

I didnt stay in Bewelys but parked there last week , they have there own 3 mini buses to the Airport every 15 mins. It costs 7 euro per day.Lots of spaces and indoor.

We're booked into the HIX beside the Crowne Plaza on March 15th (very early flight on Fri to Lisbon...). We paid €70 for the room which includes breakfast, parking is €7 per day & there's a free shuttle bus to the airport.

We're booked into the HIX beside the Crowne Plaza on March 15th (very early flight on Fri to Lisbon...). We paid €70 for the room which includes breakfast, parking is €7 per day & there's a free shuttle bus to the airport.

Stayed here recently, very satisfied customer.

Back