Motor DAS car insurance

fred123456

Hi,

Just my new car insurance quote this morning, it had an addon of 25 euro for DAS insurance, not sure what this exactly is,

does it cover me if i crash (my fault) and suffer a loss through leg breakage etc.

I want to see is this just another scam by insurance to extract more money.

Any advise on this, dont mind paying if it is worth it.

Kind Regards
Fred.

It appears to be legal expenses insurance .You should check your motor policy to see what you are covered for to ensure you are not duplicating cover.

your insurance company isn't obliged to pursue third parties for damage to your car or injury to you if you only have third party fire and theft cover. Which is generally what its used for.

As you said its an add-on, just un-add it if you dont want to pay.

I have to say I find those add-on's really useless. I worked in Insurance for a number of yrs and we had a Personal Accident add-on. I remember talking with a claims chap who mentioned we had never had a claim on it. Not ever!

I suppose you should make it your own mind on the usefulness of this, but I'll keep my money in my poca.

We sell a similar add on (although we always offer it as an extra, we don't include it in the premium) that also includes breakdown & home star cover. Handy for those insurers that don't offer the facility themselves.

www.powerinsurances.ie

thanks for the replies, i already have fully comprehesive insurance with full step back. I thought maybe DAS was something that i needed to cover me in case it was my fault as i read somewhere if you crash and its your fault you are not covered to make a claim in case of serious injury etc.

I just want to make sure i have appropriate cover also.

thanks and Kind Regards
Fred.

Back