Home 123.ie won't cover Cork?

billy-bob

Just noticed that no matter what address you enter into the quote form on 123.ie, they won't cover you if you live in Cork?

"We are unable to offer you a quote due to the property details you have provided."

I contacted them directly, and they eventually put it down to 'risk of subsidence' which I assume is related to flooding from last year, but I live 50 miles from Cork city and nowhere near a river.

I thought they were obiged to quote - even if it was an outrageous one. Is there any chance of getting a quote without "risk of Subsidence">

NB, yeah, just discovered that. Were they always that way? I always thought they were an independent. Oh well, off to onequote go I

no obligation to quote for non compulsory insurance. Only compulsory one in Ireland is motor on a TP only basis.

123 got bad press following the floods last year as they moved from travellers to RSA thereafter.

best to try either another broker or go direct to an insurer.

I; live on the northside of Cork city.had been using 123.ie for the past couple of years but went back to my building society as quote was similar.I didn't know that they no longer quoted for Cork,found them very easy to deal with.

123.ie used to be a broker but got taken over by RSA earlier this year. Hence all 123 policies are now underwritten by RSA.
RSA won't quote for certain addresses in/around Cork city & other areas of Cork county due to subsidence risk (not directly related to flooding).

I'm in Cork .... RSA covered me last year (house insurance) .... changed this year ... I got a cheaper quote.

RSA covered me last year, this year they quoted me €494, I can get same policy on 123.ie for €256...... crazy if it's RSA underwriting the same policy. I don't see any threads on AAM where people had issues with 123.ie other than pestering phone calls to renew.....So I suppose I should go with them.

I put my own details in again as always used them for house insurance and they wouldn't cover me. However they sent me a renewal and would cover me no problem! Bit stupid really.

RSA covered me last year, this year they quoted me €494, I can get same policy on 123.ie for €256...... crazy if it's RSA underwriting the same policy. I don't see any threads on AAM where people had issues with 123.ie other than pestering phone calls to renew.....So I suppose I should go with them.
Never accept a renewal premium automatically. In my experience they will always chance their arm. With 123 for the last few years and I notice that their renewal premium is always much higher and then they automatically offer a discount which still leaves the renewal premium significantly higher than the previous year (obviously insurance costs will fluctuate year on year as well). For example just quoted €400+ for the same cover which cost €270 last year. When I called and haggled they brought it down to €280 for this year although I did increase the excess as well. (I didn't bother adjusting the buildings cover and am erring on the side of being most likely overinsured there).

Back