List: of how much it cost to get your car serviced in a main dealer.

Re: Service Costs

WOW! Authorised Fiat dealer used to charge me much more for service on my old car (Punto!). They must have taken me for a total idiot!!! (which I clearly was)

Uh oh
"Authorized Fiat Dealer" nothing but trouble!

I was also taken for a complete idiot for a couple of years
- always had delays and on-going problems when using several fiat dealers
around country, (sorry, but the fiat warranty doesnt cover this)

I dont understand how official dealer garages can be so bad with their
own products (though it IS fiat after all)
and went down complaint channels which only gave hassle and resulted in waste of time

common sense kicked in eventually, went back to using old independant mechanic and car never ran better (even though its a fiat)

basically average service cost for fiat punto (inc plugs) dropped from about e250 to e150, and got the honest peace of mind as well

JR.

Make: BMW
Model: 318 Ci
Year: 2000
Miles: 44000

Total service cost 340 euro
Replaced oil filiter& renewed oil, repleced micor filter.
Parts: oil, filter, washer fluid, spark plugs, pollen filter,

Total incl. VAT 337 euro
Took a total of 1 day away from me any way.

Joe Duffy Main Dealer.

Main concern was that 5l of replecement fuly synthetic oil cost 22e per litre!!

Price included valet that would have cost me 50/70 e and includes loan car of a 5 series for 24hrs.

Hyundai Coupe
30000km service
Oil, Oil filter, Air filter, Pollen filter, usual checks etc.

Total incl. Vat €297.

Monaghan & Sons, Tuam Rd, Galway - Hyundai Main Dealer

here in co down i supplied the filter and oil got a local mechenic to do job,cost 5 pounds sterling car was a renault scenic

here in co down i supplied the filter and oil got a local mechenic to do job,cost 5 pounds sterling car was a renault scenic
I know a guy who would sort the car for the price of a few pints but the thread is about 'how much it costs to get your car serviced in a main dealer'.

Car: VW Passat (2002)
Model: 1.9TDI STANDARD
Service: 117,000KM (~73,000 miles)
What was done: Full VW standard Service, Replaced coolant temp. sensor, Topped up coolant, Checked, cleaned and adjusted brakes
Cost: €280.41 (parts €93.30 + labour €153.75 + VAT €33.36)
Name of garage: Kierans Motors, Drogheda, Co. Louth
Date: 02/2007

2003 Ford Focus (33000 miles)
1.4 petrol
Garage Downey Auto Stop,Portlaois
Replacement car
Service
all lights + levels checked
oil & filter disposal
glass cleaner
oil filter
air filter
tex 5w30 oil x 4
sundries €3.00
drive belt
Price including vat=€175.00

Wow, this is agreat thread. My 02 Hyundai Coupe is up for a service soon and I dropped into the main dealer in Airside to enquire about the cost and they told me it would be a minimum of €350 for a basic service. Any parts needed after that is obviously extra. Seems a bit expensive to me? Only 37k on the clock.

Wow, this is agreat thread. My 02 Hyundai Coupe is up for a service soon and I dropped into the main dealer in Airside to enquire about the cost and they told me it would be a minimum of €350 for a basic service. Any parts needed after that is obviously extra. Seems a bit expensive to me? Only 37k on the clock.

Recently bought a 02 Coupe. Not due to be serviced yet but E350 minimum is pretty expensive. I'll let you know if mine's the same.

Mrs G's car:

FIAT Punto 63K miles (01)

Pre NCT test 39.64

Oil (semi-synth) 19.00
Oil filter 10.00
Fuel filter 8.00
Air filter 12.00
4 s plugs 18.00
3 wiper blades 24.00
Timing belt kit 45.00
2 parking light bulbs 5.00
Light alignment 26.43
Wheel alignment 35.24
2 tyres (cheapy brand) 77.68
Rocker gasket cover 18.00
Fluids 6.00
Labour 230.00

all excluding VAT... with VAT total = € 657.00 :eek: (although if the NCT / Timing belt / tyre costs are removed the figure is closer to €350)

A timing belt replacement is a big job....it apparently takes 1 man 4 hours to do. It`s not the part here, it`s the labour cost

180 in galway-a well known nationwide garage that are rip offs. always call you back for something extraalways.

Back