Price of the pint....

It nearly chokes me to pay over 4 euro for pint of orange as it is nearly the same price as my lovely pint of Guinnes :( .The price of drink would drive you to drink:D
Is the [broken link removed] of any use? It ran over Xmas and seems to be due to run again in Summer.

I paid €3.50 for a glass of bud in Dandelion in stephens green rip off!

Uh oh! There's that phrase again!

It's not a "rip-off"...if you don't want to pay €3.50 for a glass of Bud don't go there.

Relax! i didnt go back.
I drank it and left. And I wouldnt go back because of it. Especially since a pint in there wasnt €7 so you basically get punished for drinking less.

Relax! i didnt go back.
I drank it and left. And I wouldnt go back because of it. Especially since a pint in there wasnt €7 so you basically get punished for drinking less.

I've a better one for you...was in Dandelion last year and ordered a few pints and a bottle of Corona. When the guy came back I asked him to put the bit of lime in the top of the bottle. He said yeah, no worries and charged me 50c for it. I just burst out laughing...still think it's the best/worst example I've seen!

Have managed to hold onto a few receipts in pubs when a barman miraculously gives them...out of curiosity i kept them.
All places below did give decent pints though(neutral opinion!)

Was in Dandelion in July '06(that so called upmarket bar), was only there against my will as some fool out of work organised a party there.
Pint Miller - €5:30
Bottle Miller - €5.20
add 50c for each after 11pm

Then in Q Bar at end of October '06
Pint Guinness - €4.30
bottle Bulmers Light - €5
Add 50c to each after 11pm

Was Mt Herbert Hotel once in same month
Pint Guinness - €4.05
Pint Bottle Bulmers - €6

Was in Greyhound Inn, Blanch recently
Pint Guinness - €3.60
Pint Miller - €4.05
Glass 7up - €2.20

Was in Hobblers End, Ringsend recently
Pint Guinness - €4.10 (evening), €3.80 (daytime)
Pint Beamish - €3.60
Bottle Bulmers 330ml - €4.60
Pint Miller €4 (before 7pm)

If more people kept receipts, we could keep an eye on prices over time with a bit of proof!

there is now a new brown bread on the market from guinness, made with guinness. talk about grasping at straws!

had my dearest Guinness ever yesterday in The Burrendale Hotel Newcastle £2 75 pint price

Just back from Amsterdam

25cl of pils = 1.70 to 2.10

That's 3.70 to 4.60 per pint of lager. Not as cheap as I expected. Probably cheaper in suburbs and countryside.

33cl bottle of strong Belgian ale, 8.5% Duvel = 3.00-3.50

Read in the Times last weekend that a trendy restaurant/bar down georges street way was charging €7.95 for a pint of Heineken before they had to stop serving for forgetting to get a licence. Keep up the good work guards.
Must check out my old expense claims for pre-euro prices.

Have managed to hold onto a few receipts in pubs when a barman miraculously gives them...out of curiosity i kept them.
All places below did give decent pints though(neutral opinion!)

Was in Dandelion in July '06(that so called upmarket bar), was only there against my will as some fool out of work organised a party there.
Pint Miller - €5:30
Bottle Miller - €5.20
add 50c for each after 11pm

Then in Q Bar at end of October '06
Pint Guinness - €4.30
bottle Bulmers Light - €5
Add 50c to each after 11pm

Was Mt Herbert Hotel once in same month
Pint Guinness - €4.05
Pint Bottle Bulmers - €6

Was in Greyhound Inn, Blanch recently
Pint Guinness - €3.60
Pint Miller - €4.05
Glass 7up - €2.20

Was in Hobblers End, Ringsend recently
Pint Guinness - €4.10 (evening), €3.80 (daytime)
Pint Beamish - €3.60
Bottle Bulmers 330ml - €4.60
Pint Miller €4 (before 7pm)

If more people kept receipts, we could keep an eye on prices over time with a bit of proof!

Would just like to point out that AFAIK the practice of putting up prices after a certain time is illegal. The Hobblers End offers a concession to 'Members'. In order to become a member you must obtain a 'Member's Card', ask at the bar for details.

Last edited:
Would just like to point out that AFAIK the practice of putting up prices after a certain time is illegal. The Hobblers End offers a concession to 'Members'. In order to become a member you must obtain a 'Member's Card', ask at the bar for details.

Afaik, its illegal to drop the price like happy hour rather than up the price after a certain time. Many pubs do this all over. Do you have an official link?

Never knew about the members thing despite being there a few times especially when munching a good dinner for a tenner on a Sun :), what does it offer exactly?

and i can get a pint in kimmage for 3.30!!!

But back to my original post....anyone out there remember the prices from 99/2001 for a pint in dublin city centre or anywhere you can go to find out

I remember pints for £1.80-2.00 in many clubs in town in 99.

Its weeks since I have bought a drink in a bar so Ill be in for a shock next time it seems!

You can still buy Rolling Rock, Stella and Warsteiner for 1€ a bottle in many places offies I mean ), until recently any way.

If I can buy my bottles for that price, it worries me what a bar, that charges 5 plus for the same bottle, s mark up is!

You can still buy Rolling Rock, Stella and Warsteiner for 1€ a bottle in many places offies I mean ), until recently any way.

If I can buy my bottles for that price, it worries me what a bar, that charges 5 plus for the same bottle, s mark up is!
There's a rule of thumb that some people use called the "sleep test" for investments - i.e. if the risk/reward/volatility profile of an investment causes you to lose sleep or otherwise worry then it probably isn't right for you. Perhaps the same applies here but to you and drink? ;)

There's a rule of thumb that some people use called the "sleep test" for investments - i.e. if the risk/reward/volatility profile of an investment causes you to lose sleep or otherwise worry then it probably isn't right for you. Perhaps the same applies here but to you and drink? ;)

Its true reducing days wasted due to HO is great reward!

Excellent pint of Guiness served in The Dubliner in Vilnius at €2.57. tasted all the sweeter on Saturday watching the English choking on their lagers.

Back