driver's electric window in a 2008 passat

Westgolf

My drivers window went down yesterday but wont come up again. I slid the window manually to close it and I believe the window is after coming off the tracks as the motor runs ok but the window stays put. Does anyone know of a website where this par, called a regulator can be purchased. Will try to install myself if its not too complex ?

westgolf

try micksgarage.ie or ebay.co.uk to buy the part
Not sure about VW but this used to happen on a freelander I had and it was the wire within the regulator that would rot and break. You could buy the wire on its on.

There are repair / diagnostic videos on You Tube as well. Might be worthwhile stripping it down and putting it all back together correctly to see if that resolves the issue as a first step.

Thanks everyone,

Its the "cord" part of the set that is gone belly up so one must get the complete regulator set. Micks garage haven't got one for a 2008 model, vw parts locally will not get back to me until tuesday morning, ebay only does upto 2006 models,uk vw forum throws up suppliers looking for silly prices !

The search continues, will keep you posted

On a seperate note mrs westgolfs car went down on the smoke emissions section of the nct yesterday. Mechanic suggests an additive for the fuel tank and drive it hard a bit. Has anyone any recommendations, she also has a diesel passat.

Westgolf

Here for £82, there are a few other parts places online like . Some breakers yards might be worth a shot too.

Your local motorfactors would be cheaper and you'd have comeback if theres a problem. Alternatively go to your vw dealer. Cheaper than you think with genuine parts and warranty.

Your local motorfactors would be cheaper and you'd have comeback if theres a problem. Alternatively go to your vw dealer. Cheaper than you think with genuine parts and warranty.

Absolutely NOT true in my case !!

Local motorfactors over THREE times the price and "Micks Garage" over FOUR times the price that what I paid on Ebay.

Didn't bother pricing genuine parts as the spurious were dear enough. ;-)

Absolutely NOT true in my case !!

Local motorfactors over THREE times the price and "Micks Garage" over FOUR times the price that what I paid on Ebay.

Didn't bother pricing genuine parts as the spurious were dear enough. ;-)

I would have tended to agree with sparkrite before this happened but the update is even more damning !!

Local VW dealership parts dept €165.75 incl 5% discount.
Ebay ( after 10 minute search ) €28.75 incl delivery charge of €3.40.

In my naivety I thought that the dealership was including fitting but no that's their over the counter price for the part. fitting would be €80 for the first hour but no guarantee that it would be done in the hour !!

insane is the only word for it

westgolf

Back