For anyone with a white high gloss kitchen

deedee80

what colour did you paint the room and what wall tiles did you go for? Just looking for ideas at the moment!

Hi, we are putting a high gloss kitchen in a few weeks and are going for white white white. We have a wood work top and a wooden table and wooden windows. We have a bright green splash back and reckon they will be plenty to take the edge off the white.

Hope it works out!

Grey tiles work well with a very dark brown worktop. Aluminium edges can also help to accentuate the modernity of the high-gloss white doors.

I have a white high gloss kitchen with black countertops. And I also put white subway tiles as splashback (a long cherished dream fulfilled!) and then I went and painted the walls white too. I know it sounds like a morgue (well, a morgue with a black countertop) but it's not. I have a wooden table and chairs, parquet effect floors and brightly coloured pictures in wooden frames, as well as other brightly coloured stuff. I'll PM you with a link to some pics (not trying to sell anything, but I know what your'e going through). I'm delighted with the effect, and I reckon I can change my "colour scheme" easily because it doesn't depend on anything expensive like tiles or walls.

I have a white high gloss kitchen it was put in 4 years ago, I have white walls wooden work tops, wooden floor, white small tiles with 2 large picture tiles in grey ,black and white, I still love my kitchen but would change small white tiles to a all in one splash back, too much cleaning!

Thanks a million for all the responses! The kind of look I am going for is white high gloss kitchen, solid oak counter tops, an island with the same. My kitchen floor is semi solid oak and I have an oak table table with the high back brown leather chairs and a bright red leather couch already. So I was thinking I will accessorise with red as in red counter top accessories and red stools at the island. I was thinking of painting the walls white but I do feel it will be too cold and I am a very cold person so I don't think I would feel cosy at home with the white walls (I realise that sounds mad!). I think magnolia will be too yellow against the white so I might go for dulux linen which has kind of a beige hue off it. The tiles I saw which I liked are the white mosaic ones called opaline, they have a real sheen off them. Or ones that actually look like a brick only in white. Your tiles sound very interesting dubgem so I will defo check out the pics when I get home - thanks a mill!

Haven't finished ourselves yet but we definitely need a splash of colour - white gloss units, white paint on walls/ceiling, black worktop and black floor tiles. Looks good though anyway.

We were thinking of muted/pastel mosaic type splashback.

Back