puncture on a company car

shola

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a puncture on a company car and if so did your company pay for it. Punctured a tyre during working hours and had to have it replaced at a cost of €120....company is telling me that i have to pay for it....sounds unfair to me...any comments?

If you were on company business and they provide you with a vehicle to conduct this, I would think they should pay for this.

How did a puncture cost €120....also why did you have to replace the tyre due to a puncture? Possibly these irregularities are the reason they are saying you should pay for it?

Thats a crazy amount... I paid €55 for a new tyre recently. My mam had a slow puncture, and a mechanic fixed it up for like €20... sounds like you were ripped off and perhaps this is why the company doesnt want to pay out..

Thats a crazy amount... I paid €55 for a new tyre recently. My mam had a slow puncture, and a mechanic fixed it up for like €20... sounds like you were ripped off and perhaps this is why the company doesnt want to pay out..

Maybe it was one of those `run-flat` tyres as used on some later BMW models?

Depends on the car.. Not crazy amount at all depending on tyre type.

actaually it wa more of a rip than a puncture, hit a pot hole and whole tyre had to be replaced, went to a garage beside our office, quoted 120, rang the boss to see if that seemed like a right price and she siad yep...rang anoth place and it wa 110 but further away....they are fairly big tyres, point is my own private car is a corsa dn its only 50 to pay for a tyre...if i was driving my own car i'd be getting mileage to cover wear and tear....anybody else know what general company policies are for punctures and the likes?

Whether you were on company business or not at the time seems to me to be irrelevant. If it's a company car, it's a company bill.

Supposing you didn't have €120 to spare? What would happen then? It's still a lot of money...

As it's a company car I can't see why the company would not pay this since you appear to have gone through the right channels (clearing it with your boss etc).
Maybe they should then be putting in a claim to the local authority

Back