Water under solid wood floor

Me&mi

Hi there,

When I walk on our floor in bare feet I noticed it's slightly wet at most of the cracks. The boards seem to have expanded slightly. I don't know where the source of this water is. We live in an apartment and have checked next door's bath, our bath and our washing machine. No luck. Anyone know who could find the source of this water for us please? Thanks in advance.

Check you kitchen waste outlets. Could be water leaking behind presses and down to floor level.

Thanks Sconhome for the reply. Got an architect in and he didn't find any leaks. He thought it was just condensation as it's an old building and a touch of rising damp BUT after reading your post I checked the pipes under the cupboards at the back of our kitchen and they are wet!! So we've a plumber coming out tomorrow. So THANK YOU!!

Thanks Sconhome for the reply. Got an architect in and he didn't find any leaks. He thought it was just condensation as it's an old building and a touch of rising damp BUT after reading your post I checked the pipes under the cupboards at the back of our kitchen and they are wet!! So we've a plumber coming out tomorrow. So THANK YOU!!

Not sure why you got an architect to look at it you should have gotten a plumber or a carpenter to look for the problem, or indeed any tradesman could have been able to find it.

Well I didn't know who to ask- that's why I went on here to find out what person knows about these things. The architect was free as I know him so that's why I started with him. As I stated, the plumber is coming around today.

Back